Terms & Conditions
‘Candidate’; ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means any person registering with us or purchasing any of our services to assist with your job search.
‘Recruiter’; ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means any person, company, organisation or firm which purchases services from us to assist your recruitment needs.
This web site is owned and operated by ShoreMarineJobs and is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available on it you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER OR USE THIS WEBSITE.
1. General Terms
- The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose. You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site. All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to ShoreMarineJobs or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials. You agree not to deep-link and/or frame the Website or any of the Services for any purpose, unless specifically authorised by ShoreMarineJobs to do so.
- ShoreMarineJobs will permit the Candidate and Recruiter to access, use and interact with our site subject to these terms and conditions. Any party using this service for any purpose other than those specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions shall immediately be banned from using this site.
- We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. All liability of ShoreMarineJobs, its directors, or employees howsoever arising for any loss whatsoever arising from your use of or inability to use the Website and/or the Services is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
- Candidates and Recruiters need to be aware that ShoreMarineJobs do not introduce or supply Candidates to Recruiters (or vice versa). It is recommended that, if you are a Candidate to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a Recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker’s suitability for the role you should undertake the steps set out in The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.
- You agree that you shall not use the Website or the Services to transmit or knowingly or recklessly receive (or knowingly or recklessly authorise or permit any other person to receive or transmit) material which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, untrue, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright) or which may cause anxiety to others including racist or sexist content or material which otherwise violates any applicable law or regulation or code, or which makes excessive demands for bandwidth or contains any virus or which may otherwise impair or harm ShoreMarineJobs computer systems or any third party computer system.
- Save to the extent possible by law ShoreMarineJobs does not warrant that our Website or services will operate without error or that the site or services are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and ShoreMarineJobs shall have no liablity in respect thereof.
- Save to the extent required by law, no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made in respect of the Website and/or the Services or their contents (including, without limitation, any views or comment made). All information and/or data included in and/or on the Website, the Services and/or in any directory or other listings or information retrieval service made available on or by the Website and/or the Services has been so made available for guidance only. In addition, ShoreMarineJobs makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Your use of such information and/or data is therefore entirely at your own risk. All liability of ShoreMarineJobs, its directors, employees or other representatives howsoever arising for any loss suffered as a result of your use of the Website and/or the Services is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in these terms are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit ShoreMarineJobs liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
- Our website contains links to third party Web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by us of the contents on such third-party Web sites. ShoreMarineJobs is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If You decide to access linked third-party Web sites, You do so at Your own risk FURTHERMORE you acknowledge that we are not responsible for third party content on the Website and that we cannot ensure that material presented on the Internet is legal. We will not limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal. In particular, you acknowledge that ShoreMarineJobs is not responsible for and does not monitor the content of job postings provided by third parties on the Website. However, we shall have the right to remove any postings, materials or other items on the Website which it believes may be illegal or which it determines to be inappropriate.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ShoreMarineJobs, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from (i) any User Content or other material You provide to any ShoreMarineJobs Site, (ii) Your use of any Content, or (iii) Your breach of these Terms. we shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
- These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a User of this Site. we reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of Your User Content from the Site and immediate termination of Your registration with, or ability to access the Site and/or any other services provided to You by us, upon any breach by You of these Terms or if ShoreMarineJobs is unable to verify or authenticate any information You submit to our Site registration. Even after You are no longer a User of the site, certain provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. we may terminate, suspend or deny you access to the Website and/or Services immediately for any reason without incurring any liability whatsoever to you.
- Where you are asked to complete a registration form the personal details that you provide must be true, accurate and complete. You agree to notify us of any changes which are relevant to your registration.
- This Agreement shall be personal to you and you may not assign, transfer, sublet, lease or delegate all or any of your rights and obligations, without ShoreMarineJobs prior written consent.
- we reserve the right to assign or transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any companies in the same group or any other third party. In the event of assignment or transfer, notification will either be given to you by e-mail or posted on the Website.
- Failure or neglect by either party to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar that exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
- If any provision of this Agreement or part thereof is determined to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision, or part thereof, shall be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in respect of its subject matter NOTWITHSTANDING that we reserve the right to vary this Agreement from time to time (including the services offered by us). Such changes shall either be notified to you by e-mail or posted on the home pages of the Website. Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the Website and/or the Services after a period of two weeks from the date of transmission of the e-mail or newsletter, or of posting on the home pages of the Website, whichever occurs later.
- Any notices from us to you, or you to us, shall be sent by email or first class post to, in your case, the last address that you provided us, and in our case, our registered office, and shall be deemed to have been received two business days after the date of dispatch.
- Please note that all calls may be recorded for staff training purposes.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. Additional Terms for Candidates
- You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by You on the ShoreMarineJobs Sites. You should be aware (subject to the contact details you provide) that you may be contacted directly by Recruiters by email, post or telephone.
- The Candidate is liable if they are contacted by the Recruiter without intervention from us.
- We do not discriminate against anyone registered to or using the Job board. We try to ensure that all possible measures are taken to prevent any vacancies advertised or searches do not discriminate against age, disabilities, gender or race. The search tools in place on the site do not have the functionality to exclude any Candidates with disabilities. It is down to the users themselves to ensure they comply with discrimination laws.
- Services and information provided on the site by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
- Our liability, and the liability of our third party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your account or Your account is terminated, all Your account information from us, including CVs, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires will be marked as deleted and may be deleted from our databases within a reasonable time period. Third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
- we reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity or in the event that any of our terms have been breached by you.
- By registering your CV on ShoreMarineJobs you agree that we may also store and show your CV and profile details, to recruiters, on any other job board owned directly by us.
3. Additional Terms for Recruiters
- On receipt by us of your submitted information via our on-line form, email, telephone agreement or signed service agreement, you will be deemed to have accepted all of these terms and conditions, and will be granted access (subject to receiving payment) to our database in accordance with these terms and conditions. You also agree that all of the information you supply to us is correct, truthful and complete. You agree to inform us by email, telephone or post of any changes to any of the information supplied by you to us. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the event that any of the information provided by you to us, is no longer current or accurate or in the event you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- We will take reasonable steps to provide a reliable service to you. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of any of the CVs stored in our database. You acknowledge and accept that this is beyond our control, and refunds cannot be given in the event of untruthful information being submitted by Candidates.
- You acknowledge and accept that all rights to information provided by third parties are reserved by those third parties, and that such information may not be used in any way that infringes any proprietary interests of those third parties. You agree not to disclose any information provided by the Candidates to any third parties, or those not directly related to the recruitment process of the individual(s) in question.
- Any personal details which you provide to us from which we can identify you are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration. You agree that you do not object to us using this information to contact you for the purpose of improving our service to you, requesting payment(s), discussing account status, and you confirm that you do not consider any of the above as a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- Reselling of our services from ‘recruitment agencies/flat fee companies’ to other companies or agencies for the purpose of recruitment is not allowed on the site without prior written permission from us in the event that this occurs your account will be cancelled without refund. Permitted Resellers are also bound by the following:
- You cannot resell to direct clients of ShoreMarineJobs or stop companies from using our service
- All postings must be in your own brand unless you purchase client branded adverts
- The advert can not name the name of the client unless client branded adverts have been purchased
- We have the right to refuse to display any client branded adverts if we have a relationship with the client directly, or are in talks to do so
- Downloading or leeching our CV database, wholly or in part, for any reason other than recruiting for a current vacancy is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Downloading using any software other than a browser is also strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Legal action may be taken against you.
- Contacting Candidates via email or other means, for any reason other than recruitment, is strictly forbidden.
- You agree not to put excessive load on our servers.
- With regards to fixed users, you agree that only these users will have access to the account. If any unauthorized users attempt to access the account, or if the account is accessed from other locations, we reserve the right to cancel your account immediately, without refund.
- You shall use the CV Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with us. You shall use our CV Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the from our CV Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the CV explicitly for employment purposes.
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring us into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against us arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
- We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that Candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
- We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or our database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from our site any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
- The job posted must exist in the area advertised, unless otherwise specified.
- The job title should be specific and be the best description for the role. It must not include locations or salaries and should not be a slogan (e.g. Job of a lifetime or Easy Money!).
- Emails and URLs within job descriptions are not allowed. We will automatically remove these.
- The description of the role should mention the required skills as well as details describing the role. Contact names should not be mentioned in the job description.
- If the job role offers training and there is a charge for this then the vacancy must state this.
- Advertisements which discriminate (or appear to discriminate) on grounds of sex, race, age or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by us on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
- The vacancy should accurately describe the role and not mislead the Candidate; sufficient detail should be included in order for the Candidate to understand the nature of the role and the basic requirements of the role. If a role requires a Candidate to work in multiple locations then the vacancy must state this; if the role is selling a product/service ‘door-to-door’ then the vacancy must state this; similarly, if the role is a commission only role then this must be stated on the vacancy
- Job credits must be used within the Fixed Term; time will not be extended for job credits that have not been posted or posted part of the way through the Fixed Term (for example, if you sign up for one job credit over a one month fixed term and this is posted on the 21st day the job will expire on the last day of the one month fixed term)
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals you may contact using information from the Candidate database and not do anything which may bring CV-Library into disrepute. You will indemnify CV-Library from and against any claim brought by an individual against CV-Library arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
- All information provided to you by us is confidential you will not disclose your username and/or password to any persons outside of your company. If disclosure occurs we reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and seek compensation. Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. Passwords must be kept confidential and secure. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions. You agree to notify us as soon as reasonably possible in the event that your password is, or may be, known to any person(s) other than those within your organisation. Upon notification of such an event, we will render such password inoperable, and will issue a new password by a mutually agreed method (telephone or email or post).
- Other than through our negligence or wilful default, we shall not be liable for any losses, damages or claims which result directly or indirectly from any person obtaining any passwords that we have issued you. Our total liability to the Customer in respect of any Services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the Contract Term for such Services or £10,000, whichever is the greater.
- ShoreMarineJobs acts as an agent, and is not responsible for the content of job adverts from different employers/agencies. If you have an issue with a job advert that is not your own, you should deal with this directly and not through us.
- Payment Terms:
- You agree to pay the entire balance (in pounds sterling converted from the appropriate country currency via XE.com on the day of purchase ) of your account prior to the commencement of the service (unless an alternative payment structure is agreed in writing). You agree that payments will be made by cheque, credit/debit card through paypal or bank transfer. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of failure by you, or the person with whom responsibility lies for payment of such transactions, that we may terminate your account and cancel this agreement immediately. We may also pursue payment in a court of law.
- You agree to the payment structure agreed with your account manager, and agree to be charged in accordance with it. All prices are in pounds sterling.
- You agree that we may alter the above rates within 14 days of notifying you of such changes, although any changes will not come into effect until the end of your Fixed Term. If you do not wish to continue this agreement with the altered rates, you may terminate the agreement at the end of your Fixed Term.
- We may agree monthly payments in advance by way of Direct Debit. Direct Debits will be taken in advance of services used and will be set, and money debited, by Debit Finance. You will be notified in writing of the amount debited and the Fixed Term. If one payment is missed then the monthly installment must be settled immediately by BACS or credit card, your account and all services will be suspended until payment is received. If two payments are missed the account will automatically be cancelled and no future Direct Debits will be granted and the outstanding amount for the remainder of the fixed term will become due immediately, we reserve the right to pursue payment in a court of law.
- All prices exclude VAT. All invoices are payable in accordance with your Service Agreement. Late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of Services. Interest will be payable on late payments at the rate of 3% above Barclay Bank plc’s base rate from time to time.
- Refunds cannot be provided if the Candidate is not of the desired age, sex, race, or nationality, as these criteria contradict our equal opportunities policy, and common decency.
- The terms and conditions of this agreement will continue unless terminated by you or us, by notice in accordance with this section.
- We reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and payment will become due immediately of all outstanding amounts. we will have no further obligation to you, upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
- You fail to pay any amount due to us;
- You are a limited company and call a meeting of creditors or are otherwise the subject of proceedings under the Insolvency Act of 1986, or are unable to pay your debts as they fall due within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act of 1986, you cease to trade or go into liquidation;
- You are an individual and are declared bankrupt or enter into any arrangement or compromise with your creditors, or you cease to trade;
- The Recruiter is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied.
- The Recruiter may terminate the provision of Services in writing to us:
- To expire at the end of the Fixed Term.
- In the event that we are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
- We become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation
- Termination by the Customer before the end of the Fixed Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Fixed Term.
- We reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and payment will become due immediately of all outstanding amounts. we will have no further obligation to you, upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
We endeavour to ensure that the information that you submit to us remains private, and that it is used only for the purposes described below. We aim to provide a safe and secure experience for all of our users. We make every effort to comply with our obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act. Additionally, we understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of your CV and other information stored about you while using the site.
Account and CV information
When you register, your details, including your CV, can be made available for searching, viewing over the Internet and downloading by any direct recruiter, employment consultant or other person or organisation who requests CVs matching your profile to be sent to them. ShoreMarineJobs attempts to verify the identity and the nature of the business of such organisations however does not make any warranties as to their authenticity.
Your personal information
When you create or register your CV with us, we will collect personal information from you, such as your name, contact details, and other details. Once you register and accept our Terms & Conditions, you are not anonymous to us. We may use information that you provide to alert you to our own products and services. We may contact you regarding site changes or changes to our products or services that you use.
Disclosure of personal information
When you register, we store some information about you in your account, but it is protected by your password and may only be accessed by you. It does not form part of our candidate database and cannot be searched or accessed by our customers. You can delete your account at any time. Your CV, will be accessible to any paying customer.
If you choose to create a profile and upload a CV to our database, we rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. You should update your CV at least every six months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove from our database, CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the site, or personal information that you provide, such as your name and personal contact details unless you have given us your permission or we believe that the law requires it. N.B. that by registering with us you are granting us permission to disclose this information. We may record and share aggregated information with our clients. Additionally, if you input your information on a co-branded registration page or job application page, eg a client-company registration page then the information that you give becomes the property of both ShoreMarineJobs and the client. We are not responsible for the information that the client receives.
We will also use the aggregate data to identify employment trends across different industries, such as salary averages. This information will not be capable of being linked to any personally identifying information about users.
Please be aware that some of our customers may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area.
Please note: Your current employer may be a customer of ShoreMarineJobs, or a client of one of our customers. We cannot restrict the customers who access profiles on our database and cannot be held responsible for any eventuality.
Information collection and use
Like many websites, we routinely capture your IP address information to determine your location. This helps us work out where in the world you are visiting the site from, and means we can show you content that’s specific to your location and ask the right questions about your eligibility to work in the UK, EU etc. We automatically receive and records information on our web server logs from your browser including your IP address. We record IP addresses for anonymous statistical purposes, administration of our website and servers, and to improve our services.
An IP address, or ‘internet protocol address’, is a unique identifying number given to every device connected to the internet. Like a car license plate, an IP address is a special serial number used for identification.
Information may be gathered from your registration form and your use of our website through “cookies”. The information gathered may be used by us internally, for purposes relating to your use of the website and for marketing activities, and may be passed to carefully selected third parties to use for marketing activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us or from carefully selected third parties you should tick the appropriate box on the submission form. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive direct marketing/information from us or no longer wish us to pass your information to third parties you should notify us using the Contact page of our website or delete your CV.
We may set and access cookies on your computer. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies, however, if you do not accept cookies, some of our services may not be available to you. This policy does not apply to companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ.
We gather general information about users, for example, what services users access the most and which areas of the site are most frequently visited, the number of CVs on the database, or the number of visitors to the site and for other lawful purposes. Such data is used in the aggregate to help us to understand how the site is used. We gather this information so that we can continue to improve and develop our services to benefit our users. We may make this aggregated information available to users of the site, to our clients, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. These statistics are anonymous and contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
The site is protected against unauthorised access using the latest security devices and ‘firewalls’.
Other ways of ensuring your privacy:
You may amend your personal details at any time. These options are available when you login to our website.
You may ‘hide your CV’ from all clients meaning that your CV and profile will not appear in any CV Searches. You are still able to apply for vacancies with your CV.
You may unsubscribe from any employment or promotional information that we may send to you by in any of the following ways:
- Using the unsubscribe function at the bottom of the email;
- Amending your account details by logging in to our website;
- Contacting us on the Contact page of our website.
Any further queries should be directed through our contact form.
You can remove any of the information that we store about you, at any time, by logging in to your account and choosing to delete the account.