Vessel Superintendent (Tankers) – North West, UK
A Market leading organisation with multiple offices throughout the United Kingdom are looking to recruit a Vessel Superintendent to join the team based in the North West region of the United Kingdom
Reporting to the Contract Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring technical compliance across a fleet of vessels.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Managing technical budget for vessels under the incumbents’ control.
- Delivering dry-docking projects on time and within budget.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to the Department locally.
- Working with the HSEQ Superintendent to ensure safety is integrated with all processes and operations.
- Ensuring best practice is leveraged to ensure; ongoing safety of operations from an engineering perspective; that Regulatory expectations of ISM Code Compliance are being met and that continuous improvement is actively being pursued and applied.
- Driving operational efficiency, technical and assurance continuous improvements and engineering best practice across the contract.
The successful candidate will have sailed as a Chief Engineer on-board Tanker Vessels and have extensive previous experience as a Technical Superintendent.
You will have knowledge of port and vessel operations, maintenance, Flag and Class requirements/regulations and have detailed knowledge and experience of requirements covered by ISM.
You will also have experience of successful people management and team development, have strong commercial acumen and have budgetary management experience.
*You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered*
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offered Salary£50,000+
- Career LevelSenior
- Experience8 Years +
- QualificationMaster’s Degree