Trainee Freight Forwarding Clerk
Location: Ystrad Mynach, CF82 7RJ
Salary: £17K per annum plus contributory pension
Contract: Full time, Permanent
TWT Logistics Group is a high-quality provider of transport solutions in the South Wales and Hampshire areas. We are members of 3 pallet networks and also provide storage and warehouse services including unloading of shipping containers and repackaging for onward delivery. We ship goods on a worldwide basis via road, air and sea.
Our philosophy is to work closely with our customers to develop an extensive understanding of their unique business needs. This enables us to deliver bespoke logistics solutions, which provide distinct value with measurable results.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Freight Forwarding Clerk to work on the day shift (09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday)
Main Duties of Trainee Freight Forwarding Clerk role:
* Recording job details on freight system and sales ledger.
* Ensuring that all documents needed by the clients are obtained from our partners.
* Invoicing all jobs to customers and backing this up with relevant documents.
* Completion of sales and margin figures on the system.
* Preparing quotations.
* Booking cargo space with partners and completing necessary documentation.
* Advising clients about arrangements that have been made.
* Tracking consignments where applicable.
* Cover duties of absent staff members as and when required.
We will provide on the job training, supplemented by specific exterior training as necessary.
Experience would be desirable but not essential as we are looking for the right person to fit the team.
Being a conscientious and hard-working individual whose is keen to learn and develop will be key to success.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience or attributes to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please