Our client is a well-established global service provider to the Freight forwarding, express and international parcels, and warehousing and logistics industry. The network has more than 354 locations across 60 countries and with 13,000 employees serving alliance customers and attending to the details of their business round the clock, around the globe.
We are now looking for a Road Freight Operations Executive based at Trafford Park to work within the Road Freight team
Overview of Role:
Responsible for end to end control of all shipments coming into and out of Roadfreight depot in Trafford Park. Highly focused, administrative role so attention to detail is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manifest daily export trailers and send related pre-advices
2. Update collection and delivery status in a timely manner
3. Responsible for web bookings
4. Monitor, chase and process all POD's ensuring timely updating of internal system.
5. Log and report outturn daily reports, cross referencing any discrepancies, completion of new job references, delivery notes and amending of job details within a 2 hour window
6. All related administrative activities in the Roadfreight department.
7. Contact hauliers to provide quotations for special collections/deliveries
8. Monitor and deal with transport queries by liaising with other depots
9. Checking that collections are clear and populating the planning sheet
10. Responsible for creation and issuing of run sheets detailing all collections and deliveries
11. Working with Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure smooth and efficient movement of all shipments
12. Customer Service – dealing with queries from customers, subcontractors and drivers and assist in their enquiries via phone and email, ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution
13. Data entry with attention to detail
14. Transport planning for same day collections
15. Adding accruals
16. Creating movements for subcontractors
Key skills & attributes:
1. Experience in freight or related market
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
3. Highly organised and a team player
4. Deadline focused
5. Flexible, adaptable and quick to learn
6. Ability to work on own initiative, Excellent communication skills
7. Detail focused
8. Must be able to work well under pressure
9. Fluent English, both written and spoken is essential
10. Possess a positive outlook
All candidates will ideally will have prior roadfreight experience and own transport to get to work.
Start Date – ASAP
Salary – Between £19,000 & £22,000 per annum depending on experience
Bonus – Eligible for scheme – 4%
Reporting – Reporting to the Freight Operations Supervisor