Our highly successful, Leicester based manufacturing client are currently looking for a Shipping Office Assistant to work with their busy shipping office team. You will be assisting the existing Shipping team, reporting to the Shipping Office Supervisor.
Hours of work and Location
This position is a full time role Monday to Friday 14:00 – 22:00, working an additional weekend shift every other week.
For this role flexibility is key, we may need you from time to time to cover other shift patterns and you may be required to work the last Sunday of the month as this is when we carry out our stock checks.
The main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
* A requirement to provide team cover
* Support the booking of transport with the transport team
* Carry out data analysis – generating reports of shipping costs/service level/allocation of work to supplier (cost based) etc.,
* Obtain customer feedback
* Issue the transport documents and relative travel documents for all outgoing goods from the Plant
* File all documents handled
* Interface with the company departments if issues are noted on the sales order of goods that are to be delivered
* Create the loading list, when possible
* Weigh incoming and outgoing trucks, when possible
* Verifiy compliance between the weight of the shipped product and the value recorded on the system
* Support the corporate departments requiring assistance on topics of distribution logistics.
* Guarantee the correct management of relevant processes in accordance with the group policies and procedures.
* Promote a safety-bound corporate culture.
* Apply the Corporate Principles and Values.
Job Specific Skills and Experience/Qualifications:
* Previous experience of working in a transport/shipping department is desirable.
* Ideally from a manufacturing/high transaction volume background.
* SAP knowledge advantageous.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Very good analytical skills.
* Ability to work in an organised manner.
* Good IT skills (specifically Excel).
* Good attendance and punctuality.
* Ability to work within a team to solve problems and issues.
* Good communication/telephone skills.
* Housekeeping and organisation skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Free on-site parking and competitive salary.