Our client are looking for a Structural Marine Engineer that is looking for a career opportunity in a dynamic and challenging design environment and to build on their portfolio submission to Chartership. The company have an established training culture and operate under a structure of coaching, mentoring and collaboration. Their Chartership pass rate exceeds national averages and they are an Investors in People Gold organisation, recognised for people development strategies.
As the largest Civil, Structural & Marine consultancy in the South East, they have a varied project portfolio that extends across the water’s edge residential and waterside commercial, public, industrial and other marine sectors.
They are based just a few minutes from Hove seafront and 10 minutes from the Centre of Brighton with excellent transport links around the city. They boast are a friendly, sociable and inclusive team environment with many of the personnel enjoying the active pursuits that the surrounding city has to offer.
The successful candidate should have at least two years post graduate experience and an interest in the Marine environment.
Whats on offer!
- 32.5 days holiday rising to 35.5 with service + bank holidays
- Healthcare plan
- Inclusive, friendly team culture and office environment
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Established training ethos, support to Chartership
- Opportunity to get involved in the company community initiatives and charity technical work
You will be responsible for:
- Development of designs to detailed stage for coastal and maritime works.
- Completing inspections and assessments of Civil Engineering and coastal structures and features, including boat surveys and low water tidal periods. Working with diving teams.
- Structural analysis and modelling of Civil Engineering problems and developing solutions.
- Preparing calculations in all major construction materials and communicating the design clearly to fellow professionals, clients and contractors through drawings, sketches calculations written and verbal reports.
- Liaising and collaborating with other professionals, to develop design work to the delivery stage. Including contributing to the production of contract documents and associated procurement activities.
- Liaising closely with contractors and clients to resolve site queries and developing solutions to site problems. This will likely require occasional site visits and external meetings.
- Developing your own professional status toward Chartered Engineer status and assisting in the development of others including our Trainee Engineers/Technicians peers.
- Working within a team of Marine Civil Engineers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Experience of Structural Design in Reinforced Concrete, Steel Timber and Masonry
- Detailed experience using Eurocodes
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound technical knowledge
- Ability to prepare sketches, technical reports and specifications
- Ability to communicate with client and interested parties to keep them informed of progress and solve problems
- Competent use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Detailed understanding and use of Analytical/Design and CAD software
An interest in coastal works
- Offered Salary£30,000 - £50,000
- Career LevelExperienced
- Experience2 Years
- QualificationBachelor Degree
Related Jobs (16)
- Technicians / Fitters – Ship Reapir – Saudi Arabia on January 11, 2021 Full Time
- Supervisors / Engineers- Ship Repair – Saudi Arabia on January 11, 2021 Full Time