Demob Job Reference: J4106
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Are you ex-military with a background in Logistics/Movements/Administration. Are you looking to work for an established company who recognise the skills ex-military have? Our client is currently recruiting for a Shipping Manager to join their team at their site in Stockport. The successful Shipping Manager will work as part of a team responsible for the shipping of company machinery and equipment worldwide by sea, air and courier.
SALARY IS COMPETITIVE, HEALTHCARE. ATTRACTIVE PENSION SCHEME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, 37 HOURS A WEEK – MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8AM – 4.30PM, FRIDAY 8AM – 1PM.
Shipping Manager Responsibilities:
– Issue shipping documentation for UK export to worldwide destinations.
– Issue shipping instructions for import to both suppliers and freight companies.
– Maintain records to ensure the company is Customs compliant.
– Instigate claims procedure in the event of damage or loss of goods in transit.
– Ensure suppliers documentation and methods of packing are compliant with UK/EU regulations.
– Follow up the company departments enquiries for freight costs, liaising with freight companies for pricing.
– Issue customs clearance instructions.
Shipping Manager Requirements:
– The successful candidate will ideally have a background in logistics/movements or a strong administration background.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Attention to detail is essential for the role.
– Logical in approach to work.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Able to work to timescales and under pressure.
– IT Literate.
NOTE – Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy (Logistician/Writer), British Army (RLC/Royal Logistic Corps/AGC/Adjutant General Corps), Royal Air Force (Supplier/Movements)