The purpose of the job is to ensure that shipment requests are processed and actioned in line with agreed turnaround times full compliance to customs and HMRC regulations, with regards to commodity codes, customs procedure codes, export control licenses, incoterms.
* Ensure that products and services meet the requirements of customers quality standard.
* Work in accordance with HSE legislation, the Company Operating Systems, policies and procedures.
* Continuously identify opportunities to improve processes and working practice and take responsibility for implementation.
* Actively participate in continuous improvement and team meetings
* Ensure working area is maintained in accordance with 5S requirements
* Embrace use of the QRQC system & understand importance of reporting occurrences, incorrect data & existing or potential defects
* Ensure freight forwarder compliance on Single Administrate Document (C88/SAD) completion
* Reporting and management of duty deferment statement
* Schedule deliveries and collections through various courier web based systems
* Compile and maintain haulier manifest schedule
* Active communication (written and verbal) with couriers and hauliers
* Request quotes for shipments to various destinations
* Tracking of shipments and updating SAP with Airway Bill details
* Completion of Dangerous Goods Declaration, where applicable
* Additional support to Shipping Coordinator team
Candidate experience & knowledge:
* Experience in Exports & Imports (EU & NON EU)
* Experience in dealing with couriers and hauliers
* HRMC regulations in accordance with Exports & Imports
* Knowledge of UK Export Control Regulations
* Communication skills – written and verbal
* Attention to detail o MS office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Team Player
* Interest in growth and development