Shipping Controller / Clerk
Competitive Salary, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
OLEO International a trading division of TA Savery & Co Limited is a World leader in the design and manufacture of safety critical equipment used in a wide range of applications in the Rail, Elevator and Industrial sectors.
Due to substantial growth and increased demand for our energy absorption products, we are looking for an experienced Shipping Controller to join our logistics team based in Coventry.
Purpose of Role:
To assist the logistics function in shipping products around the world.
Shipping Controller Key Responsibilities:
* Organise the delivery of the company’s freight to the end customer or end user via international freight methods
* Management of all inbound freight
* Ensure goods are shipped in line with obligations to sales contracts
* Agree international shipping terms and contract wording with customers
* Specify a suitable means of transport (“air, sea or over-land”) and administer fulfilment.
* Manage the complete international order fulfilment process from collection to delivery.
* To manage the associated shipping, packing and distribution activities / costs.
* Work closely with customers, shipping lines and agents to organise freight from the shipper to end users whilst tracking and monitoring the status of shipments
* Arranging customs clearance along with arranging releases and booking deliveries
* Create orders whilst ensuring they conform to company terms
* Maintain import / export documentation (letters of credit etc.)
* Deal with import / export invoice checking, filing, quantity and quality discrepancies
* Liaise with suppliers on shipping agents for delivery / supply of goods and maintaining container forecast schedules
Shipping Controller Key Requirements
* Relevant shipping experience gained within in a similar industry (manufacturing / engineering)
* Experienced in shipping goods to the Asia Pacific (China) is advantageous
* Proficient in preparing shipping / air manifests
* Experienced in working with plans and schedules regarding the shipment of goods and materials from / to offshore, onshore / overseas locations
* Experienced in ensuring special certification is obtained for the transportation of dangerous goods
* Experienced in negotiating rates with suppliers such as carriers, warehouse operators and insurance companies and preparing tariffs for customers, ensuring the required profit margins as directed by the company are achieved
* Strong customer liaison experience
* Problem solving experience
OLEO INTERNATIONAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
*No Agencies Please