Rowan has completely reimagined the ear piercing experience and revolutionized the traditional mall-based model. All our piercings are performed exclusively by licensed Nurses. All of Rowan's products are hypoallergenic. Our priority is to offer a fun, celebratory, and safe piercing experience for everyone. When we say piercing for all, we mean it. Everybody is invited to this ear party!
The Senior Director, Inventory Management contributes to Rowan's success by managing strategies that accelerate business growth while working directly with the senior leadership and merchandising teams and owning relationships with our product and supply vendors and third-party logistics provider. The Senior Director, Inventory Management will be developing and implementing strategic scenarios for investments and value delivery, business cadence, as well as leading complex financial analysis and business modeling. This role reports directly to the CFO/COO, and has responsibility for the associated narrative with cross functional stakeholders and connecting the work across our teams.What you'll be doing as Senior Director, Inventory Management:
What you'll bring:
- Collaborating to develop and implement end to end strategic priorities
- Ensuring no deviations from strategy including areas of merchandising and stock-keeping-unit count control
- Leading the development of financial analysis to support critical business decisions
- Owning inventory, end to end, within Rowan including sellable product, piercing supplies and packaging
- Developing and executing on an annual plan to support the scale of the business including the open-to-buy (sellable product + piercing supplies + packaging), warehousing and logistics, technology systems and regional infrastructure (people and process)
- Creating and owning the monthly business analyses including inventory forecasting, identifying key trends, areas of success, opportunity and concern to accurately project and impact the annual results of the business with a focus on top line revenue as well as business line profitability
- Building strong working relationships cross-functionally within Rowan as well as with external vendors and partners
- Onboarding inventory management and forecasting technology
- Monitoring and analyzing fluctuation in freight costs to ensure optimal cost efficiencies for international imports and domestic shipping, b2b and b2c.
- Implementing process + procedure improvements around physical inventory counting and accuracy
- Owning vendor and SKU level database ensuring accuracy via frequent updating
- Managing relationships with vendors maintaining point-of-contact and term and discount negotiations
- Providing inventory + supplies + packaging vendors with accurate forecasts updated on a frequent basis and in line with Rowan's aggressive Brick + Mortar growth goals
- Overseeing and managing our third-party logistics provider including forecasting, BOM + SOP management and oversight, pricing and fee review and overall inventory management
- Ensuring a best in class logistical approach for international inventory + supply procurement including on-calendar execution and cost
- Analyzing direct ship (vendor to Brick + Mortar) opportunities available with key vendors
- Led / driven a business in a multi-unit, geographically dispersed operating environment
- Experience working in a B2B and B2C environment
- Retail experience + service experience and exposure
- Proven team builder
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience and spirit, agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution)
- Experience working with third-party logistics providers
- Experience working in an omni-channel environment
- Experience working with a subscription based product
- Experience working with international vendors and the complexities around international logistics
- Experience working in an environment which utilizes a vendor ship direct approach as well as a traditional third-party logistics provider
- Ability to lead others through a high degree of complexity and ambiguity to create solutions
- Strong financial and statistical understanding
- Expert knowledge of retail technology systems (Shopify and Toolio a plus)
- Experience in a high growth, dynamic organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to establish cross-functional relationships with business and technology partners
- Possess excellent prioritization, presentation, and listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to warehouse as needed
Full Time Benefits & Perks
- The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $175,000-200,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- Short and Long-term Disability Life Insurance
- 401k and Roth IRA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Open PTO policy
- Employee discounts on our amazing products!
Rowan is an innovative ear-piercing and hypoallergenic jewelry brand that brings safety to the forefront with our team of licensed nurses-and celebration to every guest with our joyful approach to piercings and jewelry. Our brick-and-mortar locations across the US also provide a long-overdue alternative to the standard mall piercing. At Rowan, we believe that every ear piercing is a milestone and it should be celebrated. We believe in "Piercing for All".
Check us out on the TODAY Show on NBC - How 1 woman is reinventing the ear piercing experience ()Important note:
Rowan believes in teamwork, collaboration, and diversity. We know our team is stronger together and we commit to staying true to these values as we grow. In a remote setting, interviewing at Rowan may include phone interviews, virtual "on-site" interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are committed to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential match, and we will do our best to follow-up with each and every applicant! If you're on the fence, just give it a try! Hiring process and disclaimer
: Should you receive an offer from us after going through the interview process, a background check will be conducted prior to onboarding. The results of a background check are evaluated as part of the hiring process, but this does not mean that you will not be considered for the job based upon the results. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply!