Anderson Knight are recruiting a Senior Crewing Officer for one of our key clients based in Glasgow. This role will be responsible in assisting the Team Leader, ensuring the organisations vessels are manned with competent, qualified and suitably experienced personnel, ensuring that documentation and certification compliance is maintained at all times.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Direct responsibility for all personnel related matters and queries for personnel placed on vessels under their remit
• Monitoring all employee personnel files, vessel files and database records necessary to accurately record employee locations, documentation, certification, training and payroll in accordance with company policies and standards, whilst adhering to payroll deadlines.
• To support Team Leader in supervising of staff by offering support, guidance and direction to personnel department and other internal parties when required.
• Delivery of company inductions
• Liaison with the training department on scheduling of training courses for personnel under their responsibility.
• Reviewing seafarer appraisals
• Ensure all officers receive a company debrief, post voyage.
• Participating in the on-call roster for out of hour’s coverage, offered by the personnel department.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 2 Highers or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years in a HR/Logistics shipping role
• Knowledge and understanding of STCW and MLC
• Experience working in a busy office
• Understanding of confidentiality and GDPR regulations in relation to personal information
Related Jobs (2)
- Senior Recruitment Consultant – Shipping & Logistics on December 21, 2020 Full Time