Sales & Export/Freight Advisor
To provide on-going high levels of service to existing distributor customers covering the complete order process from order receipt to delivery. To provide simple technical advice to distributors and end users. To act as the “go to” person for the market.
*Please note this role is office based. There may be the option to work from home 1 x day per week after training.
1. To receive, process and fulfil customer orders, in doing so liaising with operations to agree dispatch dates.
2. To build meaningful long-term relationships with customers.
3. To provide simple technical support to distributors and end users and to refer more complex issues to the technical team.
4. To distil relevant information from distributor and end users for feedback and discussion.
5. Manage spare parts ordering process
6. Manage post
7. Answering incoming calls
8. Manage export of goods across the world
* Minimum level of education, A-Level, College, BTEC. Above average Numerate & literate
* High level of IT skills (above average Excel skills)
* B2B background with proven success would be a benefit.
* Ability to work with a wide variety of people, quickly build rapport and build empathy.
* Strong service and “can-do” attitude.
* An ability to understand simple technical content and to be able to explain this clearly to others.
* To show good judgement on when to make a decision and when to take advice.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Excellent organisational skills
* Outstanding communication and telephone manner.
* Adaptable and flexible.
* Strong learning orientation.
* Strong knowledge of export & freight forwarding essential.
This role is unlikely to be filled by anyone without 3+ years relevant sales experience and freight forwarding knowledge.
* 39hrs/week (Mon-Thu 08:00-17:00 & Fri 08:00-16:00 with 1hr lunch each day)
* Onsite Parking
* 24 days holiday + Bank holidays
* £23,000 – £25,000/annum