Road Freight Operator – Stanford-le-Hope – Ref: CSJ/1001
Company & Role:
We have the pleasure to promote this position on behalf of our client based in Stanford-le-Hope. They are looking for a Road Freight Operator to cover European groupage services, predominantly imports. You will arrange the movement of freight from origin to final destination, both on an international and national stage. Liaison with customers, overseas partners, and suppliers on a daily basis.
Our client has had significant growth and recently moved into larger new facilities. They are involved in all aspects of the freight industry; road, air, sea, and rail. The successful candidate may have opportunities to become involved in all areas, subject to further development of your skillset across these markets. Whilst a large organisation it still retains the ‘family-run business’ feel and provides tailor-made services to their clients.
Duties of Road Freight Operator:
* Handling European groupage services.
* Arranging deliveries domestically and direct on trailer.
* Enter all current orders into Companies computer software.
* Invoicing out files at the end of every month and completing Ameta rates.
* Pass purchase and sales invoices.
* Communicate with International Partners and agree rates.
* Communicate with customers via email, telephone and face-to-face on occasion.
* Holiday and sickness cover.
Experience / Skills Required:
* A good understanding of European Road Freight with a minimum of two years’ experience.
* Great communication and customer service skills.
* Capable of manually calculating costs & charges / revenue / understanding of taxable kilos.
* Time management.
* Collaboration – working as part of a team of 11.
* Computer literate.
* Understanding of customs clearance requirements.
Salary negotiable depending on experience