Working as part of a team of Wireless Test Engineers, the RF Test Engineer will contribute to the provision of a Wireless testing service, specifically performing testing on Emergency Radio Beacons, AIS and digital interfaces.
The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and a modern working environment with a subsidised on-site Restaurant and Gym. The site is close to bus routes, Junction 9 of the M27 and Swanwick railway station.
Responsibilities and authority:
* Testing of Emergency Radio Beacons to COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM / IEC / EN test standards both within the chambers and radio test laboratorys at Octagon House.
* Testing of AIS and other marine products using protocol & digital interface techniques.
* Development of new services, test methods and other departmental documentation.
* Recording test results using various electronic logbook systems and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements or defined Test Plan supplied by the customer, assisting with the development of test plans with the customer as necessary.
* Close liaison with the Project Manager and/or customer, to provide technical support and ensure work is carried out accurately and within the timescales allowed.
* Educated to Level 3 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or be able to demonstrate equivalent and relevant experience.
* Experience of using RF test equipment such as spectrum/network analyser, oscilloscope, signal generator, RF power meter etc.
* A good understanding of analogue/digital communications technologies and networks, with exposure to serial interfaces such as RS232.
* A good attention to detail and ability to follow concise processes
* A desire and aptitude to learn
* Capable of carrying out data manipulation and analysis using Microsoft Excel.
* Motivated and enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn and a flexible approach to work.
* IT proficient with the ability to use bespoke software and Microsoft packages including Windows, Word and Outlook.
* Ability to deliver work independently or as a team, to defined deadlines.
* Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills and commercial awareness.
* An understanding of the requirements of the COSPAS SARSAT / RTCM / IEC / EN standards.
* A full driving licence
* Experience programming in VB.net.
* Experience performing RF accredited testing.
* Knowledge of Emergency Beacon functionality and the certification requirements