Job Title: Project Manager
You will work as part of a team of Project Managers within this Department and within agreed project management procedures. You will be the lead person in the project team and will be held responsible for all contracted project work to ensure it is completed on time, within budget and within quality requirements. You will support the project from an agreed point in the proposal development and design process, and then manage and closely monitor the project throughout the planning, execution / controlling and closing stages as described in the project lifecycle process. You will be instrumental in commercial and technical execution of the project; in addition, you will contribute to the Lessons Learnt Data base.
* Support the proposals process by contributing and advising the Proposals Department and identify prior to Contract Signature any areas of concern along with providing the relevant technical and commercial input to ensure a successfully executed project.
* Develop and Manage the project execution plan and ensure that it is fully up to date and available to all stakeholders during the project lifecycle.
* Be the prime point of contact between the Clients and company for the contracted projects.
* Complete and manage Master Document Registers along with document control and ensure the development of the contained documents are as required for each Installation Project.
* Manage contracted projects according to established procedures; these may vary according to the nature of the project, i.e. subsea cable maintenance, installation, marine renewables, defence, survey, Oil and Gas, Power Cables.
* Prime person responsible to ensure the project budget and margin are achieved or exceeded.
* Ensure best levels / balance of quality, cost, time and scope are achieved.
* Lead a diverse Project Team of Fleet and Engineering personnel to a common goal of successful project execution.
* Mentor and support an Assistant Project Manager and support staff as and when required.
* Report on project performance internally (and externally as required) at frequent & regular intervals.
* Identify in advance any potential overruns in terms of cost or schedule, and take action to mitigate if required.
* Feed-back internally to the Lessons Learnt database
* Measure and maintain KPI’s and ensure all stakeholders are fully aware and operate within these constraints.
* Be versatile with a Microsoft Office EPM (Enterprise Project Management) Environment
* Proven experience working within a cross-functional environment.
* Knowledge of the subsea engineering industry, encompassing telecoms, power, Oil and Gas and Offshore Renewables.
* Experience of Managing customers in the Oil and Gas, Renewables and Power Cable industry.
* Strong and demonstrable Project Management skills.
* Relevant degree or education consistent with good analytical capability.
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Project Server and Web-Access environment
* Approved Project Management Qualification (APM, PMP, PRINCE or similar)
* Excellent ability to motivate a virtual matrix Project Team.
* A willingness and thirst to drive through new ways of working.
* Results-orientated individual with a desire to improve performance