Experience and Qualifications:
• Substantial experience and competence with AutoCAD & AutoCAD Plant 3D
• Experience in similar roles as piping designer for small- and medium-scale projects
• Excellent computer knowledge, including AutoCAD & Microsoft Office suites
• Excellent communication ability both verbal and written
• Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, to deadline & within budget
• Knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME, BSi, ISO, etc)
• Full UK driving license
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Knowledge of BIM and associated standards (BS 1192)
• Knowledge of Navisworks, model federation and clash detection
This role involves work within the CAD & Piping department of a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy firm.
You will work alongside senior engineers to deliver projects to clients from a wide range of industries.
You will have experience with industry-standard 2D/3D CAD packages, & site surveying techniques.
• Responsible for creation, preparation, and modification of 2D and 3D drawings/models using AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Navisworks, and other industry-standard software suites.
• Responsible for piping design at all design stages: conceptual, preliminary, detailed engineering, construction
• A strong knowledge of other disciplines is necessary to ensure the design interfaces with other departments are managed effectively, including process, mechanical, and EC&I
• Typical 2D output: PIDs, PFDs, GAs, details, pipe supports, isometrics, site layouts, hazardous area classification layouts
• Typical 3D output: 3D piping, mechanical equipment modelling, Navisworks 3D model federation, clash detection, modelling from point cloud data, 3D point cloud manipulation, BIM compliant models
• Familiar with working in both 2D and 3D spaces, and good understanding of which is suitable depending on task
• Perform occasional site visits, including attending 3D laser scans, general site surveys, total station survey, as-built checking, tie-in identification, meeting with clients, interpreting client requirements. This may require climbing stairs/ladders/cramped working conditions.
• Development of piping and pipe support material specifications
• Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with different departments within the company
Our Client is an international energy and environment consultancy providing innovative multidisciplinary solutions to a global market from it's North West base
PROMAN acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website (url removed) and follow us on LinkedIn.
The UK is set to depart from the EU on 31st January 2020. EU, EEA or Swiss citizens living in the UK that wish to remain in the UK post Brexit need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Please follow the below link for information on how to apply