Pipework Design Engineer
£Negotiable plus benefits (Permanent role)
My client, who are currently looking for a Pipework Mechanical Design Engineer are based in the heart of North Yorkshire within commutable distance to some of the most beautiful rural areas of the country, provide design and manufactured pipe solutions for major structures including sport stadiums, commercial & communications buildings plus manufacturing facility’s with expertise covering thermal pipe expansion, building settlement, movement, vibration isolation and noise control.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of engineered piping solutions this industry respected company now have a requirement for a Pipework Designer.
The successful applicant will need to have and/or be able to.
* Experience in similar roles as piping designer for small- and medium-scale projects
* Excellent computer knowledge, including AutoCAD & Microsoft Office suites
* Excellent communication ability both verbal and written
* Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, to deadline & within budget
* Full UK driving license
* Eligibility to work in the UK.
* The development of engineering designs prior to quotation, preparation of equipment schedules plus ongoing support to clients throughout the projects.
* Apply appropriate design criteria, guidelines and contract requirements to design work.
* The usage of computational and simplified hand calculations methodology in making determinations.
* Detailed design reviews and stress analysis of all structural piping
* Piping design as well as understanding and interpreting piping design specifications
* Ensuring all product designs meet cost and performance requirements and are delivered to agreed project timescales and budgets
* Dealing on a technical and commercial level with customers, suppliers, external agency’s plus internal departments
* Site and client visits as necessary.
Applications are invited from experienced Pipework Designers who have worked on Commercial and industrial facility’s.
In return my client will offer a very competitive and negotiable salary, bonus, pension, life assurance, a thorough training and development programme plus excellent prospects for advancement within this well established and industry respected organisation.
If you feel you have the necessary skills, experience and drive please email your CV