We are now recruiting for an experienced Pipeline Developer for a permanent staff role, working for a major offshore oil & gas and renewable energy design and engineering contractor, based in London.
The successful candidate will join their team working on FEED and concept subsea and pipeline projects. Previous experience in this is essential.
* Analyse business processes using mathematical/statistical approach to define the context, find information and sources of data, make link between information, facts and data, scale them, consolidate trends, make hypothesis, create a prototype, test and validate it, predict events through machine learning, share information obtained across the company
* Elaborate, define, size and validate various data, items, units and technical deliverables to be implemented in a defined process/project
* Contribute to the capitalization of the Process/Project experience in order to improve and harmonize work methodologies and ensure continuous technical improvement
* Plan from medium to long term horizon with short term adaptive updates
* Mitigate the social implication of the technological disruption
* Search and use digital information, through different channels (mainly digital)
* Improve communication and collaboration embracing digital tools
* Produce digital contents, usable within the defined environment
* Awareness and ability to face new "digital" risks on cyber safety
* Use digital solutions to enhance daily activities
* Knowledge of Human-technology interaction through weareables, mobile technologies, AR (Augmented Reality)
* Knowledge of Industrial IoT, Cloud, Fog-computing and data relevant to design through Additive Manufacturing and for drones laser scanning.
* Handle raw/historical data, clusterise them, analysing the relations (if there are any) with the help of mathematical/statistical techniques, draw conclusions and sharing the insights
* Create blueprints for data management systems to integrate, centralize, protect and maintain data sources
* Frame and validate problems, formulate hypotheses to solve them, run experiments to validate solutions found and implement it in the specified context
* Provide to the Project Manager with estimations about the effort required to customise and deploy solutions
* In large projects, typically act as a team member. In smaller projects, may act as the project leader for a specific area or even coordinate the whole project
* Collect data and use them to build a significant pilot model of the system. Proof the general model through several simulation sessions where all the stakeholders (customers, managers, process owners and users) of the system can fully understand and approve the way the target system shall work
* Use mathematical/statistical approach to analyse data, scale them, consolidate trends, make hypothesis, predict predictable events (maintenance, damages)
* Ensure multidisciplinary approach to help Project/Technical Managers in finding the most appropriate technology usable for the project/process
* Responsible of providing data that is congruent and reliable
* Responsible for modelling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results
* Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes such as smart meters and geo-location information or social media
Permanent staff role
Salary negotiable depending upon experience level. Generous staff benefits package will apply.
Location: SW London area
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK