SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
SGS UK have an excellent new opportunity for an experienced Business Development & Sales Manager to join our global organisation.
The successful candidate will drive UK Oil, Gas and Chemicals (OGC) in the development of new opportunities encompassing all sub activities and lead targeted service line/ sector sales campaigns and will provide sales and commercial leadership across the OGC sector for both local and international markets.
As Business Development & Sales Manager you’ll contribute towards UK Key Account Management, by planning and supporting local managers to maintain, retain and expand existing client base whilst developing and attracting new clients and establishing long term relationships to promote growth.
You’ll be heavily involved in commercial data, particularly quotations and tenders, working independently and with the team to achieve deadlines, presenting the most efficient business processes to internal managers and customers.
* Planning and execution of business development activity to surpass country growth targets
* To contact prospects/ clients, generate leads, organise sales visits, follow up enquiries, prepare proposals ensuring timely delivery in order to maximise sales
* Work with location managers to defined sales and account plans to grow revenues for agreed targeted activities
* Respond to enquiries and resolve client issues in a timely manner to ensure all opportunities are fully explored and that we enhance customer confidence
* Record all sales activities in relevant sales CRM systems to ensure the information is centrally documented and accessible
* Develop and maintain productive working relationships with operational management, technical and company functional support personnel to ensure preparedness for award and execution of new works and contracts
The successful candidate will have extensive and recent experience within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals (OGC) sector, along with commercial and technical experience in a leadership role within the TIC sector, ideally servicing laboratory activity.
The applicant must have experience in tender qualification and submission, and will have a proven track record of successful tendering and negotiating profitable and robust contract terms.
In addition, you will have the ability to develop positive working relationships with external customers and colleagues at all levels, despite working in a demanding, target driven environment and will have experience of presenting business concepts to an audience.
A Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering / Science / Business related science subject is essential.
Travel within the UK will be required to meet with both clients and SGS colleagues to ensure business growth, therefore you’ll need to hold a full driving licence.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
* Relevant knowledge of the Oil, Gas & Chemicals sector; market trends, statutory obligations, innovation opportunities, economic and political influences
* Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop positive working relationships at all levels, both with external clients/ partners and SGS colleagues
* Focus on service delivery, client satisfaction and contract execution
* Ability to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential/ new/ existing clients to encompass multi scope services and options for bolt on business
* Ability to identify external influences, competitor activity/ scope and sector trends.
* Effective communication skills, verbal, written and presentation to include technical subject matter
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Experience of Oil and Gas Trade and/ or Calibration services
* Sales & Marketing qualification/ formal training
* Membership of relevant industry body/ committee/ steering group
As Business Development & Sales Manager, you’ll receive a salary of between £50,000 and £60,000 per annum depending on experience, company car, plus you’ll benefit from a performance bonus, private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
Job Title: Business Development & Sales Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Field Based – National
Travel: 30-50% of the time
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days