Red chilli recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Marine Engineer with an essential requirement for a strong background in the leisure boating industry.
Our client is a fantastic company who value their team and have a strong family feel.
They are offering a permanent opportunity for an individual to progress and grow within the company whilst giving them autonomy over their own workload and an engaging and rewarding environment to work in
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week and will include occasional Saturdays plus some out-of-hours callouts.
Overtime available as required
* Servicing, diagnosing, repairing and maintenance of all marine engines
* Travel to marina or dock where the vessel/job is located across local area to Brighton
* Test the performance of marine engines and electrical systems
* Carry out services and minor repairs on outboard, inboard, and commercial engines
* Conduct plumbing and intake repairs, and troubleshoot engine and electrical problems
* Replace broken or worn-out engine parts, carry out rebuilds
* Repair faulty hydraulic and steering systems
* Conduct electrical/AC system maintenance
* Complete service records, timesheets, repair documents and reports
* Plan daily jobs and works diary throughout day for updates
* Cross-sell and upsell wherever possible (Volvo Penta Easy Connect, marine batteries, engine services, belts, coolant change, etc)
* Liaise with Parts & Warranty Manager to identify required parts for jobs, and source from stock or order from supplier as required
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
You will be providing all engineering maintenance and repair works on behalf of the company. You’ll be expected to think on your feet and solve problems on a daily basis. You’ll need to be naturally independent, a good planner, and work well under pressure – whilst always being a team player! Experience in the leisure boating industry and will well known brands such as Volvo Penta, Yanmar, Mercury and Webasto is ESSENTIAL.
• Extensive previous and proven practical experience as a marine mechanic in the small boat leisure industry
• Brand knowledge including Volvo Penta, Yanmar, Mercury/Mercruiser
• Sound knowledge of marine engine and electrical auxiliary systems
• Knowledge of marine hydraulic systems and related parts
• Ability to lift heavy equipment and work in confined spaces
• Knowledge of boat steering systems
• Good technology skills including computer use, notes writing, etc
• Strong numeracy and literacy skills, with good English and Maths
• Excellent communication skills with a customer focused approach