Position: Marine Electrician
Rate: £20 ph (umbrella or ltd company)
Duration: 3 months + contract.
WRS are currently looking for a number of skilled Marine Electrician for a busy ship builder. This person with be working from electrical schematics as well as investigation and diagnostics of existing of equipment. You will be able to install, fault find and repair electrical installations, including motor starters and equipment control panels to an exacting standard.
– Install cable support systems.
– Run and dress cabling in an extremely neat fashion.
– Install control cabinet enclosures.
– Test your own work to recognised standards (IEE 17th Test and Inspect).
– Assist other departments with their temporary power requirements taking into account electrical loads and distances involved.
– Assist the commissioning engineers and take an active role in commissioning equipment
– Apprentice trained or NVQ Level 3.
– A proven track record in a marine electrical role.
– Experience with 3-phase, motors, motor starters, distribution systems.
– Previous experience of working on new build vessels
– Extremely neat work.
Please contact the shipbuilding team to discuss further