Logistics Manager (Drilling and Remediation)
Thornbury or Newmarket
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
Arcadis, in support of delivering a wide range of projects across the UK owns and operates a range of drilling and remediation plant and machinery and we are looking to appoint an experienced Logistics Manager to oversee the operation and expansion of these services out of our current bases in Newmarket and Thornbury, with travel between the two as required This individual will be responsible for managing the staff, plant and machinery in order to ensure both regulatory compliance and the highest quality project delivery; with a focus on technical and H&S performance
* Responsibility for the co-ordination and utilisation of Arcadis owned plant, equipment and materials, including where appropriate the resources associated with the operation of the equipment (e.g. Drilling Rigs and Remediation Equipment)
* Operate as the first point of contact, and where appropriate, technical support for site operations
* To cultivate insights and solutions, and innovate our service offering with clients and within Arcadis
* To positively steward the SHE agenda and to embrace diversity, inclusion and well-being in the working environment
* Assessment of forecasted usage to ensure availability in correct locations and maximise utilisation
* Accurate and timely billing of usage through internal finance system in support our wider project management team
* Scheduling the transport / delivery to required facilities or sites
* As required act as technical support for bid and project teams to ensure appropriate plant and equipment is utilised to maximise quality, technical delivery and financial performance
* Accountability for fleet vehicles including our statutory obligations such as Operators Licenses and tachograph regulations
* Supporting our project managers in obtaining quotes and procuring services from third parties for materials, plant and equipment where services can’t be delivered using in-house capabilities
* Implementing designated processes and practices that ensure all works undertaken within the facility are in line with Arcadis’ systems and appropriate Legislation
* Management of all stock and equipment including appropriate Goods In / Goods out process
* Oversee regular compliance audits and ensure actions are implemented.
* Identify opportunities for Arcadis process improvements that improve quality and/or improve efficiency
* Lead the team in the resolution of technical issues on projects and provide technical guidance to other team members
* Develop and maintain technical knowledge (for example national regulations, regulatory guidance, national standards, codes of practice and Arcadis procedures) to ensure ongoing personal effectiveness.
* Strong demonstratable experience of having overseen the delivery of drilling and / or remediation activities in the geo-environmental industry
* An appreciation of how issues associated with applied geology, hydrogeology, hydrology and ground contamination can impact on the delivery of drilling and remediation projects
* Relevant vocational qualification(s)
* Commercial awareness around the utilisation of plant and equipment
* Detailed knowledge of relevant national standards and codes of practice, equipment standards and HSE guidance
* Experience in managing a multidisciplinary team.
* Experience in managing relationships with clients and internal project managers
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success