Land/Road Freight Operator
£26,000 plus paid overtime
I am working with a Global Freight Forwarding company based in Wythenshawe who are looking to expand the team and bring an experienced Land/Road Freight Operator.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who has previous experience and is now looking for a new company that is looking to grow while other struggle to deal with the strains of Brexit and Covid.
Your duties will include:
* Assist the Operations Manager Manchester in the execution of their duties in support of the Head of Operations Land Freight North's vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable.
* Understand and execute the department's vision of good business development in order to successfully import/export Alpi UK Limited's products.
* Ensure all customers and clients are invoiced correctly and on time in conjunction with SOPs.
* Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs.
* Complete all import/export activities and documentation correctly and on time.
* Ensure all other operational activities are completed on time and in conjunction with SOPs including financial, legal and invoicing transactions.
* Ensure all other operational activities are completed on time including preparing spot quotations, raise jobs, liaise with overseas offices/clients and raise delivery orders.
* Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships including assisting with client audits, inspection and collections and liaising with sales.
* Aid credit control with collection of overdue payments from suppliers and clients
* Report internal leads to the line manager/sales team.
* Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control.
* Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times.
* Oversee client and sub-contractor management in conjunction with SOPs.
* Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines.
* Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments.
* Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format.
* Implement and improve new efficiencies in workflow in conjunction with line manager.
Knowledge of the new Brexit procedures is essential for this role.
With experience in all of these you will be able to hit the ground running and really help maintain a smooth and free flowing import and exporting department. Also offering you the chance to be able to work overtime when requires it a great opportunity to be able to earn some extra money.
This is an amazing job opportunity so please apply now as they are looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age