To manage day to day operations for seafreight import shipments as part of the seafreight import team, to provide high level of customer service to all clients.
Appearance and conduct
* Professional, helpful and courteous at all times
* Insights lanyard and card holder to be worn whilst at any Uniserve site
* Willingness to learn and share knowledge with colleagues
* Smart business dress code
* Smart, clean and tidy place of work
* Must be a strong team player
* Good telephone manner and willingness to talk with clients.
* Chasing of customs clearance documents from customers prior to vessel arrival.
* Daily Email Queries to be answered in timely manner.
* Collection of all correct documentation prior to release/delivery of cargo.
* Arrange haulage with shipping lines/haulers.
* Ensure shipments are rated and invoiced correctly.
* Negotiate and agree haulage prices with suppliers.
* Complete updates on Technology Platform, customer and supplier spreadsheets.
* Secure any payment cleared funds for COD accounts prior to release/delivery of cargo.
* Secure payment cleared funds for duty/vat invoices prior to release/delivery of cargo.
* Processing supplier invoices
* Resolving any customer query or complaint.
* File closing cost and sales to be completed in timely manner.
* Filing and archiving of job files once complete
Adaptability – The ability to be flexible, mange conflicting demands, cope with incomplete or vague information and adapt to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment. FUNDAMENTAL
Business Awareness – Knowledge and insight into general business principles and practices as well as current industry business priorities and measures. FUNDAMENTAL
Communication – The ability to relay and deliver information clearly and concisely in a manner that is relevant to the audience and is understood and absorbed. Includes written, verbal and non-verbal communication. FUNDAMENTAL.
Customer Focus – The ability to empathise and understand (internal or external) customer’s needs and a willingness to meet these needs. Acts with customers in mind and gains their trust and respect. INTERMEDIATE
Personal Drive & Energy – The drive to work well and achieve results by completing against a standard of excellence. FUNDAMENTAL
May be required to work overtime & be flexible in start/finishing times.
May be required to travel to client meetings and attend corporate events