Davies Turner has an exciting opportunity for an Import Freight Forwarder to join their team based in Dartford.
Job Title: Import Freight Forwarder
Location: Dartford, Kent – DA2 6QJ
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (6 monthly review based on performance) PLUS Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday – Friday 09:00 -17:30
Davies Turner & Co Ltd are a family-owned leading UK multimodal freight forwarding and logistics company, established for 150 years, providing worldwide import and export services to our customers. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join our CPO Ocean import team to help build on the success of our range of LCL services ex Asia. This permanent position is suited to a person who enjoys a thriving and supportive workplace.
Role & Responsibilities:
Based within the central planning department you will work as part of a small team and assist with:
– Arranging transport of LCL & FCL import ocean shipments
– Preparing quotations
– Liaising with our offices and overseas partners
The ideal candidate should have at least 2/3 years’ freight forwarding experience within the Far East import ocean FAK consol market. Suitable candidates should possess:
– Good communication skills
– Proficiency in all Microsoft programmes
– Capability for setting priorities and working under pressure
– Ability to work in a customer focused professional manner
Benefits for this position include:
– Up to 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
– Life Cover
– Defined benefit pension scheme
– Discounted store/shopping benefit scheme
– Private Healthcare
– Car Parking
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Mandatory Training
This position based at Edison’s Park, Dartford.
We believe that this valuable range of benefits together with a competitive salary, offers an overall benefits package befitting of a caring, family-owned Company.
The closing date for this opportunity is 31 January 2021. To apply for this role, please click ‘Apply’ now