Do you have FCL experience? Are you experienced with Sea Freight? Perhaps you also have freight / shipping related experience alongside your sales experience? Perhaps you are experienced within the shipping / freight industry and are looking for a change of direction?
Working for a global company that operate with 300+ offices within 150+ Countries, you will be responsible for selling FCL shipping containers, for that container to then be shipped around the world.
Joining a team of 4, this is not an outbound cold calling role. This role is all about responding to inbound requests for quotes, following up these quotes in a timely fashion and then building relationships with the clients. You will then be expected to build relationships with these clients to offer a consultative relationship with the client.
This is a targeted role and you will be targeted on two main area's: The number of quotes you complete each day and also your conversion rate from quote to sale.
Initially there will be an element of data entry (the quotes) but the company is moving towards more automation with the quotes happening online. This will then allow you more time to spend building relationships with clients. As the role develops it would be crucial for you to know what carriers you would use when – this will help you with your quotes.
Whilst personality and showing the right attributes are often used clichés, this is actually very true for this company. You will naturally be expected to show a willingness to learn and show that you are interested in this job for the right reasons rather than "just" any job. Your willingness to help others and be a team player are also expected to be on point – and this plays a part in your potential yearly bonus
£22,000 – £30,000 (based on suitable experience)
Discretionary annual bonus (normally paid during the Summer months)
20 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday (This increases in increments to 22 days Holiday after 5yrs service)
Auto Enrol Pension Scheme
Working Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Free parking available close by
Related Jobs (15)
- Business Development Manager – Shipping Containers on December 21, 2020 Full Time
- Client Manager – Defence (DE&S, MOD, Land and Maritime) on December 18, 2020 Full Time
- Regional Sales Manager (Offshore Structures Software) on December 18, 2020 Full Time
- Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager / Sales – Manchester on December 14, 2020 Full Time
- Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager / Sales – Liverpool on December 14, 2020 Full Time
- Freight Forwarding Business Development Manager / Sales – Essex on December 10, 2020 Full Time