LV Shipping has an exciting new opportunity for a Freight Forwarder to join our dynamic team based in Middlesbrough. You will join on a full time, permanent basis and in return receive a competitive salary plus benefits including pension and healthcare.
LV Shipping are a market leader in the shipping and transport industry with 10 UK offices and many others in strategic locations across the globe.
As our Freight Forwarder your role will include acting as an agent on behalf of clients to organise the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods on an end-to-end basis, providing a full range of services, including documentation, insurance, and customs’ formalities.
Key responsibilities of our Freight Forwarder include:
– Able to work in a demanding office environment and balance conflicting priorities to keep up with progressive deadlines
– Investigation and planning the most appropriate route for shipments, taking into account the nature of the goods, costs, transit times and security
– Negotiating rates, for transportation, shipping and handling costs and thereby quoting clients
– Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements and any packing specifications
– Ensuring Trade compliance with other countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes. Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
– Strong customer focus, with the ability to effectively communicate and approach all situations with a calm and sympathetic manner. Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and both internal and external customers. Provide customers with accurate updates and deal with any customer queries/ complaints that may arise
– Acting as a broker in customs negotiations worldwide to guide the freight efficiently through complex procedures
– Effective utilisation of available resources to maintain customer objectives
– On International movements, wherever possible using LV’s own offices as a first option or otherwise approved and vetted agents
– As the client may request, arranging courier, specialist hand carry services, FCL, LCL, consolidations, conventional shipments, air freight, air sea charters, packing etc.
– Carry out any other reasonable task as may be allocated by line or senior manager
– At all times ensure compliance to LV HSSQE systems and procedures. Ensure safety of yourself and others around you. Be aware of trade compliance regulations, multilateral trade regimes, dual use requirements, know your customer
What we are looking for in our Freight Forwarder:
– Good working knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
– Methodical thinker, with a keen attention to detail and analytical skills
– Good IT capability and a strong and confident communicator
– Motivated, Resourceful, able to organise own workload and balance competing demands
– Must be flexible in your approach to the role
– Must be eligible to work in the UK and capable of international travel
If you have the skills and experience necessary to become our Freight Forwarder then please ‘apply’ today