Our client is an industry leading Logistics and Transport service based in Preston
With a heavy focus on Customer Service and a particular emphasis on digital excellence our client has experienced an unparalleled level of growth. The secret of their success has been the continued investment in their people. The team has doubled over the last four years, boasting a skilled multi-lingual team offering exemplary standards of sales and customer service to their 7000 customers throughout Europe.
We are now searching for a Customs Specialist to be a part of this growing team at this extremely exciting time. This role is mainly based from the office but some remote working from home is available for part of the week
The Customs Specialist role will be one of focusing on the import and export needs of clients, handling all there customs needs, using Chief, submitting customs to HMRC and being able to handle any errors that come back, having the expertise to handle queries and isses
Duties will include:
* Working alongside the Head of Customs to support the Import and Exports customs needs of clients
* Assisting with the development of a digital platform for customs (no coding experience required)
* Support recruitment and team building goals
* Developing and helping junior operational staff
* Customer contact and support
The successful candidate must:
* Demonstrate a solid understanding of customs with composite skills to incorporate customs clearance services into the business as required.
* Must have knowledge Customs software eg HMRC chief
* Be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages and experience of using Customs software packages.
* Have an excellent standard of communication both written and verbal
* Show a strong attention to detail
* Have the ability to work within a team and independently
* Have a proven standard of excellent work ethic
* Competitive salary depending upon experience
* Bonus scheme to be agreed – 9am-5pm (flexible team rota – to be finalised)
* Staff discounts
* Pension with employee and employer contribution
* Regular social events
* Laptop etc