* Develop and build relationships to ensure a high level of customer service is provided to clients.
* Maintain, review and create tariffs with agreed customer rates.
* Create quotations for import, export or cross trade in an agreed timeframe; and follow up on quotations to a conclusion.
* Negotiate rates with suppliers, airlines and overseas partners/agents.
* Build strong working relationships with suppliers, airlines & overseas partners/agents.
* Maintain an understanding and awareness of market conditions and trends.
* Check and raise sales invoices, securing payment.
* Communicate effectively with operations colleagues.
* Create and maintain customer standard operating procedures.
* Communication with overseas agents and clients is clear precise and effective.
* Accurate & timely reporting to department manager.
* Take ownership of own training and development so as to continuously improve and develop, including training new starters where required.
What we’re looking for
* Commercial experience in air freight forwarding.
* Import and/or export experience involving shipments from Far East, Indian Sub-Continent and/or USA.
* The ability to grow repeat business and develop new opportunities.
* Experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst retaining the capacity to remain calm under pressure.
* The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy, and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
* Be able to travel at short notice when required.
* Foreign languages would be an added advantage