Marine Resources are seeking someone who has a passion for sailing and all things marine for one of our long standing clients in Southampton.
The exciting role of Commissioning Assistant will see you supporting the commissioning team in the latter stages of a new boat build or refit. As soon as a yacht is ready to hit the water, you will be assisting in getting everything ready from rigging installation through to sea trials and client handover.
This is a very exciting role that would suit a sailor who is keen to take that next step in their career with exposure to get out on the water regularly and work on some of the worlds finest sailing yachts.
You will report to the Commissioning Manager and will assist with the testing, commissioning and cleaning of new yachts up to 90ft. You will also crew yachts for local movements, sea trials, handover sails and offshore deliveries.
Working to pre-agreed targets and schedules set by the Commissioning Manager & your Commissioning Skipper (CS) in undertaking the commissioning, rigging & launching of Yachts. This includes the occasional need to work at heights aloft, up a mast. Training will be provided and our clients Safe Systems of Work must be adhered to at all times.
* Test and prepare new yachts, under the direction of your Commissioning Skipper, the Commissioning Manager & Project Manager responsible, ready to hand them over to their owner.
* Carry out Builders’ Trials and assist in Client Handover Trials.
* Assist your Commissioning Skipper and the Commissioning Manager in improving Quality Control.
* Report on problems that appear to be repetitive and draw attention to areas of poor finishing or design, where improvements could be made.
* Check on quality and specification to ensure the end product is presented to the client with minimal warranty faults or defects. The target always is “zero defects at handover”.
* Provide liaison through your Commissioning Skipper & the Commissioning Manager with clients, Build yards & Suppliers during commissioning and handover. Maintain a good reputation.
* Assist with the set-up and breakdown of Boat shows, both in the UK and abroad, including occasional delivery passages with show boats to their destinations. This may on occasion involve working anti-social hours, e.g. over parts of the Christmas & New Year holiday period.
* Assist the Aftersales & Warranty Manager with Aftersales or Warranty work where required, including overseas trips for vessels abroad.
* Assist clients with their initial delivery passages, by prior arrangement with the Commissioning Manager and the respective Project Manager.
* Maintain a good image with all client contact, including advice, handover, warranty and after-sales, both during business & social activities. This also requires maintaining a sensible dress code.
* Assist with the day-to-day maintenance, cleaning & valeting of yachts and Clients yachts at Ipswich, when they remain under the general “umbrella” of care of our client. This work will sometimes involve some dirty tasks to be carried out in inclement weather conditions.
* You'll be self-motivated with the ability to work in a team. You'll also be able to work well under pressure, adhere to deadlines and have great attention to detail.
* You must have sailing experience and be willing to work away from time to time
Ideally you will also have:
* Knowledge of marine industry
* Understanding of Blue water sailing yachts
* RYA/MCA sailing qualifications
Please note that you must be a UK national or resident or have the right to live and work in the UK
Free onsite parking
Employee assistance programme
Personalised branded workwear