A freight and logistics provider offering unique worldwide multimodal solutions to commercial and private shippers with a dedicated office contact who is available 365 days of the year, and who works in Real-Time with the rest of the world. The company works in partnership with its clients and strives to be a leader in the industry by doing things differently, with integrity and honesty and a “can do and will do” approach to provide a consistent and high level of and unrivalled level of service, with access to a global network of over 7000 verified agents in 190 countries
To integrate with the client to obtain an in-depth knowledge of their unique processes and requirements and to work with them to service their requirements from end to end by bookings by road, sea & air to ensure satisfaction.
* To service the client’s requirements from end to end, online tracking keep the client updated for shipment progress reports at all times.
* Obtaining quotes by searching the market and network to offer the best overall costs on suitable routes
* Co-ordinate new bookings with agents/co-loaders/airlines and input details and documents to Freight Software.
* Complete the job end to end ensuring correct paperwork and information are obtained and transferred for compliance.
* Co-ordinate customs clearance with a broker, organise FAS payments and sales invoice for Duty + VAT.
* Negotiate haulage rates and arrange delivery.
* Raise invoices and cost files
* Pass supplier invoices and resolve queries .
* Collect original paperwork where necessary and before release/delivery of cargo.
* Ensure any payments from COD/Non Credit clients are received prior to release/delivery of Cargo
* 3 + years of operations experience
* Customs knowledge to a good level
* Ambitious, with a desire to learn
* Excellent customer service and telephone skills
* IT skills, experience of MULTIFREIGHT computer software an advantage
* Good knowledge of office software such as word/excel/outlook/skype.
* Must be able to work on own initiative and also within a team
* Have commercial acumen
* Experience and confidence within the industry.
The Company Offers
* An excellent opportunity to work in a new & growing company that believes in Personal Development & Training.
* 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays for a well-earned rest!
* Pension Scheme.
* Flexible working hours to suit global markets.
* Working from home (not during the probation period).
* Paperless working with quality equipment.
* Chance to be part of a team for a forward-thinking forwarder,
* Opportunity knocks
* The company encourages entrepreneurial spirit amongst employees and invest in staff and services.
* They take pride in having a global reach but a personal and tailored approach to assist their supporters.
* They are committed to training and developing staff to the highest levels possible ensuring a better service can be given