Due to exceptional growth T&K Associates are currently recruiting on behalf of our Client in Swadlincote for a Transport and Shipping Manager to join their expanding team on a Permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable Company who value each one of their employees, they also offer training and some excellent benefits including paid breaks!
Transport and Shipping Manager Job Details & Benefits;
* £36,500 per Annum
* 8:00am-4:30pm with a half an hour lunch
* 5% Bonus Scheme
* Company Pension Scheme
* Enrolment on a Private Health Insurance Scheme
Transport and Shipping Manager Job Details;
* Contribute to the design of the local logistics strategy.
* Monitor transport related activities to meet with objectives
* Lead a team of transportation specialists in their operations for domestic and international purchases.
* Oversee the shipment of products to customers via all modes of transport in accordance with global transport policies.
* Ensure compliance of import and export regulations and related tax and stamp duties.
* Monitor the safety of materials and products within regulations, whether domestic or international.
* Track performance of transportation suppliers, report deviations and implement corrective actions.
* Oversee the delivery of materials and products a per time targets and agreed dates.
* Conduct regular checks to improve the order to delivery process.
* Liaise with accounts payable and receivable to address invoicing or payment of ordered logistics services.
* Conduct regular training to ensure the highest quality o safety and performance.
* Conduct annual human resources processes for the assigned transport teams and validate the results.
* Work with the local logistics management team and hr business partners in developing a local talent pipeline in for the function.
* Drive the development and promotion of identified talents within operations
Transport and Shipping Manager Person Specification;
* Vocational diploma in logistics
* Overall professional experience of 5+ years, including logistics in a manufacturing environment
* 1-2 years of experience in people management
* Experience in handling multiple priorities simultaneously
* Good knowledge of transportation and supplier landscape
* Good knowledge of local and international material and product safety and security
* Knowledge of supply chain dependencies and processes
* Basic knowledge of the production process
* Good analytical and negotiation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great Company. If you are interested in the above role and would like to join a friendly team, then please give us a call at T&K Associates to hear more