Job Role: Trainee Freight Forwarder
RG Freight Recruitment are working on behalf of a well known freight forwarder to find an enthusiastic and dedicated Trainee Freight Forwarder to join the team in Redditch.
This client is part of a larger independent parent company with significant backing. Operating for over 40 years, they specialise in providing best in class freight and logistics services to UK manufacturers and import/exporters.
The personal touch this client delivers to every customer is what sets them apart from the pack and is something they pride themselves on. With a client base that stretches across a wide range of sectors from sole traders to multi national companies, this forwarder really does give the same service across the board.
They are committed to training and internal promotion for suitable candidates and are now looking to bring in a Trainee Freight Forwarder. This would be ideal for a graduate looking to get in to freight forwarding or a candidate with a small amount of experience in the industry who is looking for their next step.
This role is primarily focused on end to end European road freight from taking the booking right through to invoicing and everything in between. Full training will be given for the right candidate.
• Working within and supporting the operations team
• Liaising with clients (Both verbally and in writing)
• Preparation of freight quotations
• Negotiating with clients and suppliers
• Raising job files and appropriate paperwork and placing bookings with suppliers
• Monitoring shipments in transit
• Problem solving any issues that arise
• Raising sales invoices
• A confident, positive and engaging personality
• Can do attitude
• Strong work ethic
• Team player
• Confident communicator
• Good attention to detail
• Calm under pressure