Transportation & Installation Engineer / Project Manager – Offshore Wind – UK
T&I Project Engineer / Project Manager – Offshore Wind Farms – UK
Opportunity for experienced engineer with contract management to play leading role in Project Management for T&I of major offshore wind farms.
Working in a team to manage technical and commercial aspects related to the Transport and Installation (T&I) of various offshore packages for projects (including foundations, cables, offshore substations and wind turbines).
Please note: for this role you Must have experience in Project management, contracts and tender document experience for Transport & Installation of Offshore Wind Engineering projects.
* Degree in Mechanical, Geotechnical, Civil or Structural Engineering.
* Experience in the Offshore/ Marine engineering for Offshore wind
* Offshore Wind experience in Transportation & Installation
* EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation), Balance of Plant (BOP), Offshore Installation Contractor, energy developer, utility, or engineering consultancy in a related role for offshore construction projects, with exposure to offshore wind construction (including offshore foundation, wind turbine, substation and submarine cable transport and installation requirements).
* Proven project management as well commercial skills in negotiating contracts.
* Effective communicator, both written and verbal, enjoying and being effective at developing and nurturing client and contractor relationships at the appropriate level.
Working in close relationship with clients, contractors and developers – projects are varied and include the detailed contract & tender docs for T&I of offshore wind farms in UK and Europe.
* Support the Project Manager in delivering the projects, with overall responsibility for design, specification, procurement and management of the offshore T&I package during the planning and development phase of the project.
* Interface with other Package Managers to ensure the overall development is successfully designed, procured and delivered.
* Responsible for coordinating with all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits and ensuring requirements are aligned all aspects related to the T&I package.
* Provide technical and commercial input to the procurement strategy for the T&I package to identify, tender and select advisors, suppliers and contractors for the project.
* Ensure all technical and commercial requirements related to the package are scoped within the tender materials, lead detailed negotiations and coordinate with the transaction team through to contract award.
* Manage and review design development for all aspects related to the T&I package in the lead up to construction and in support of achieving all required permits and approvals.
* Project management of the T&I package during construction.
* Programme management of the relevant Suppliers and Contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues.
* Conduct technical and commercial reviews of the T&I package and provide timely feedback on issues and resolutions.
Projects are carried out in close collaboration with other departments and through consultation with other specialists. Good communication and organisational skills and are able to deal with the daily demands of working within a multidisciplinary team.
Good leadership skills and are willing to participate actively in the on-going development of both technical resources and professional development
For more info please Email your cv or call us at