Amazon Freight (AF) is building a disruptive transportation service with an aim to redefine shipping experience for customers. We offer shippers access to the same network of carriers, technology infrastructure and tools that Amazon uses to move thousands of loads everyday. Businesses of all sizes now have access to the levels of service of one of the largest shippers in the world. Amazon Freight spins Amazon’s broader flywheel by helping minimize empty miles by bringing in freight that flows complementary to our existing network.
We are looking for a London based leader to lead the performance management program for AF in EU (could be based out of Luxembourg). As senior program manager, you will own key operational performance metrics for the business. You will lead a team of program managers and will define the program strategy.
Key job responsibilities
* Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
* Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
* Work cross functionally with other program managers and business leaders to drive program goals
* Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
About the team
AF Performance Management team is an internal program team within the AFOPS organization. The team is multi-dimensional in its approach to performance management and includes both shipper facing and carrier facing initiatives. We partner closely with operations, sales, and product teams within AF as well as the wider ATS to build sustainable mechanisms. The ultimate aim of the program is to operate at performance levels that Amazon is renowned for and push the boundary on shipper experience in the freight industry.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification
* 5+ years of experience in program or project management
* Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
* Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
* Entrepreneurial, self-sufficient and able to operate in a fluid, ambiguous environment
* Strong people skills and ability to influence others.
* Master's Degree or Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
* Experience in writing SQL queries and mining databases