The Sofidel Group
The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 12 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania and the USA – with more than 6,000 employees, net sales of 2,173 million Euros (2020) and a production capacity of over one million tonnes per year (1,428,000 tonnes in 2020). “Regina”, its most well-known brand, is present on almost all the reference markets. Other brands include: Softis, Le Trèfle, Sopalin, Thirst Pockets, KittenSoft, Nalys, Cosynel, Lycke, Nicky, Papernet. A member of the UN Global Compact and the international WWF Climate Savers programme, the Sofidel Group considers sustainability a strategic factor with regards to growth and is committed to reducing its impact on natural capital and maximising social benefits, setting as objective the creation of shared added value for all stakeholders. Sofidel’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets to 2030 have been approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as consistent with reductions required to keep warming to well-below 2°C, in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
As a Shipping Office Assistant it is vital to ensure that all required transport documents for all outgoing goods from the Plant are issued correctly and in a timely manner. This role sits within the logistics teams and plays a crucial communicative role between our Warehouse, Transport Team and external drivers. Attention to detail is key for this role, nothing enters or leaves the site without the relevant paperwork being completed. The successful candidate will have expierence working in a customer focused environment whilst being able to maintain and accruately record data.
* Issue the transport documents and relative travel documents for all outgoing goods from the Plant
* Create the picking/loading list for the warehouse ensuring accuracy
* Communicate with wider company departments on any issues that arise
* Identify differences noted on the sales order of goods that are to be delivered and liaise with the relevant departments to rectify the issues
* Check the weight of shipped products against the value recorded on the system
* Identify differences in weight of shipped products compared to the registered value on the system
* Work in conjunction with relevant departments to problem solve and rectify differences on the system
* Support the corporate departments requiring assistance on topics of distribution logistics
* Guarantee the correct management of relevant processes in accordance with the group policies and procedures.
* Administrate and file all documentation produced ensuring compliance with company procedures
* Promote a safety-bound corporate culture.
* Apply the Corporate Principles and Values.
Job Specific Skills and Experience/Qualifications:
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Good communication/telephone skills
* Ability to work in an organised manner
* Good IT skills / computer literate
* Deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
* SAP knowledge advantageous
* Ability to work within a team to solve problems and issues
* Previous experience of working in a transport/shipping department is desirable
Rothley Site, LE7 7NL
Monday to Friday – 14:00 – 22:00
37.5 hours per week, £9.69 per hour