Shipping & Logistics Manager
One of the UK’s most pioneering recycling companies, well established and growing, with over 30 years experience offering a fully managed national service of recycling materials for local authority and retail clients
This is a pivotal role in the business, coordinating a number of critical activities and driving workflow across several departments, to ensure excellent customer service to clients
* Liaise with company transport and warehouses, 3PL Carriers, Freight Forwarders and delivery points to manage incoming and outgoing workflow
* Ensure materials are adequately receipted and released for packing in line with shipping schedules.
* Liaise with all stakeholders, including customers and suppliers to ensure successful planning and completion of shipments
* Manage shipping documentation, e.g Bills of Lading etc
* Customer charging/internal charging and job costing
* Performance reports on KPIs, SLAs and financial targets.
* Functional experience within the logistics sector, especially export documentation
* Excellent communication skills, including negotiation skills and ability to manage non-standard requirements and situations
* Focused on delivering excellent customer service
* Strong administration skills and highly organised
* Good communicator at all levels
* Ability to follow and develop new processes
* Show initiative and solve problems.
* Good analytical skills
* Incoterms an advantage
* NB Excel proficiency is a must
This position will suit candidates who enjoy a degree of autonomy and have a desire to develop their career in an evolving role