Delivering a first class service to our clients' Customers and Distribution network by ensuring that needs are identified and exceeded. Working as part of the Commercial Team, the Shipping Administrator will be responsible for keeping all relevant compliance requirements up to date in line with set processes. This role will also assist the Shipping Co-ordinators where required with ensuring that shipments are arranged as efficiently as possible and all documentation requirements are met. In line with the client Company Values, work proactively and collaboratively with all colleagues and interested parties to ensure that we create a workplace culture that makes this a great place to work.
Maintain compliance processes and procedures, ensuring regular review of Tariff classifications and Rules of Origin
Maintain compliant shipping documents for internal and external use
Prepare freight quotes for the Sales Team
Advise Sales and Operations on shipping dates at sales order review to enable accurate dating for sales invoicing and customer communication
Advising freight details to customers, flights, vessel ETA and copy paperwork
Completion of HMRC documents for audit and inspection purposes
Accurate and timely invoicing for shipments
Adopt a continuous improvement methodology to all activities within the Shipping function
Assist with the import logistics for shipments
Represent Shipping at appropriate meetings when required
Letter of Credit presentations and pre-preparation of LC documents to minimize LC presentation times.
The Shipping Administrator role in integral to the Commercial business functions and therefore effective and regular communication is crucial
Any other reasonable requests from the Commercial Manager
The successful candidate’s will possess the following competencies in line with the Company values:
The ability to work independently and Collaboratively as part of a team is essential
The ability to ensure that others follow instructions and directions through clear accurate communications
Willingness and commitment to provide support and develop to other Team Members.
The ability to organise tasks to meet targets. Making most efficient use of time and other resources.
The ability to apply and share knowledge and practical techniques to solve problems.
A commitment to Health & Safety and Quality standards and understanding of the implications in the work place.
The ability to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and dedication to achieving both own and company success.
The ability to adopt and promote an Innovative Continuous Improvement methodology to all activities
The ability to identify, respond to and provide solutions to both internal and external customers through a consistent Customer Focus approach
* Flexibility, Energy and Drive to promote and respond to changing requirements
* Honest, Sincere and genuine
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Team player
* Resilient and calm
* Dedicated and conscientious
* High levels of Integrity and Professionalism
Employment & Educational Background
* Have good GCSE/A Level passes in English and Maths
* Experience of working in a busy administration/office environment is desirable
* Written and spoken European language skills desirable but not essential
* Export knowledge would be an advantage in this role (Incoterms 2010) but not essential as full training will be given
* Strong IT competence levels are essential (MRP/ERP systems, AX Dynamics & Microsoft Excel in particular)
* Proven ability to demonstrate commercial awareness with customers worldwide is preferable