PE Global is recruiting a Shipping Coordinator for a 6-month contract role with a leading consumer goods client based in Tadworth. The role is remote within the UK.
• Tracking and tracing shipments for customers
• Maintain accurate customer information for shipment processing
• Understand team process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency
• Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed as per work instructions
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with the customer, load sites but also our branches involved in organising shipments
• HelHBook orders received with the nominated shipping line or forwarder
• Ensure that container loading are booked in to Transwide. Liaise with loading sites to resolve problems on loading
• Coordinate Conformity Inspections at our loading sites prior to export where required
• Ensure that Shipping documentation is accurate
• Ensure every shipment file have all necessary auditable documents
• Provide exceptional customer service to the team and ensure proactivity also in our communications
• Support team priorities and initiatives to ensure workloads are effectively managed
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system
• Send original documents when required in a timely manner
• Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer’s policies / requirements
• Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the Workflow
• Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures
• Handling and actioning of complaints or queries
• Proposing solutions to customers of preferred method of freight movement (ocean to air, consolidation at gateways etc)
• 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of Ocean documentation process a must
• Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
• Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
• Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Competent understanding of INCOTERMS and shipping jargon
• Competent understanding of Forwarder systems, ETMS, Edoc, Expo
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV
Please click the link below to apply, call Alba on (phone number removed) or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert