My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for a Shipping Associate (Marine and international trade) to join their firm in Finsbury, London.
My client has one of the world’s leading marine and international trade law practices, offering a breadth of services to clients in the shipping and offshore sectors that few other firms can match.
Their clients include many of the world’s largest ship owners, ship managers, charterers, shipyards, banks, insurers, P&I clubs and energy services companies.
The size of their team and the depth of theeir experience means they are well positioned to advise on any shipping concern, from the most complex marine incident or ship or off-shore construction dispute to sale and purchase disputes, charterparty disputes or bill of lading/cargo claims.
In this role you will advise on all types of shipping, shipbuilding and offshore disputes, as well as work-outs and bank enforcements. You will also undertake non-contentious work acting for shipyards and shipowners in drafting and negotiating contracts including shipbuilding contracts, charterparties, MoAs and contracts of affreightment.
You could expect to work for a diverse range of clients located in Europe and worldwide, including some of the largest shipowners and charterers, their P&I and defence clubs, shipyards and banks.
Day to day case management, including:
• Actively managing case progress
• Acting as the key contact point for clients, experts and counsel
• Drafting witness statements and other court documents
• Drafting inter parties correspondence
• Legal and procedural research and drafting advice
• Attending meetings and hearings
• Preparing legal articles and updates
• Developing your own internal and external network of contacts
• Attending business development and profile raising events (client networking events, attending seminars, giving talks etc.)
• Qualified lawyer with mid-level relevant experience
• Proven shipping contentious and contract drafting experience
• Ambitious self-starter
• Resilient with the ability to handle setbacks and pressure
• Willingness to take responsibility early on
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful