Elevation Recruitment Group has a great opportunity for someone to join a leading business as a Shipping and International Trade Coordinator.
The business is a multinational manufacturer that supports a global customer base. As a fast-paced manufacturer, it's important that the role has an active presence in the site.
Working as part of a wider team as the in-house specialist for logistics, you should be an accomplished export professional, who can demonstrate experience of managing incoterms and commercial trading, dealing with import agents in freight and shipping services.
The role will take responsibility for logistical matters related to the logistics of raw materials to site, as well as the distribution of products to customers. The role will work closely with internal departments in a manufacturer / distributor. Externally the role will work closely with the freight forwarders, UK hauliers and courier services.
The successful applicant will have experience within this specialist area of logistics, being accountable to meet the customer delivery schedule.
The Role and Experience – Shipping and International Trade Coordinator:
– The Shipping and International Trade Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring goods are dispatched in line with customer requirements aiming to achieve 100% on time in full delivery
– Liaise with Customs and Excise on any issues for obtaining IPR and OPR
– Produce invoices and despatch documentation of customer orders using information provided from other departments and to process this information on the SAP system
– Ensure that import and export documentation is correct
– Initiate transport arrangements required to enable the timely delivery of customer orders and returnable packaging and monitor performance of carrier
– Negotiate freight costs with transport companies
– Liaise with the Sales department on matters relating to the correct movement of goods.
– Keep detailed records to pass customs audits
– Make sure all filing is done so in a logical manner with all of the relevant information at hand for Customs and Excise audits
– Produce and issue Long Term Supplier Declarations (LTSD)
– Maintain the SAP system with LTSD received from suppliers
– Ensure Tariff Codes and customs duty percentages are clearly communicated and understood internally and externally
– Ensure all import paperwork is correct (C79 / E2 / GSP)
– Project work as appropriate and other duties as assigned
– Ensure compliance with IATF16949
– Maintain good relationships across the business
– Maintain the confidentiality of all work and personnel matters
What you will need:
– 5 years' referencing with no gaps of more than 28 day and a DBS check
– Strong analytical and cost calculation skills
– Proficient in MS Office particularly Excel
– Have a proactive approach to process improvement, Continuous Improvement capabilities, Legislative development and keeping current with market insights that will impact your day-to-day activity
– MRP system experience – large systems preferred such as SAP /ERP/MRP knowledge
– Shipping / Import / Export experience
– Experience of Logistics, Transportation or Warehousing
– Ideally have worked in a Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive environment
+ up to £38,000
+ Pension, Holiday
Bradford West Yorkshire
– Enhanced holiday package
– On site gym and car parking
– Quality, onsite subsidised canteen
– Access to our flexible benefits scheme
– Qualify for our business performance bonus
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions
pension, holiday and benefits