Avantor Services offers a wide range of laboratory support services designed to save our customers time and money. These services range from centralised glass washing to research technician activities.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Shipping Administrator to join one of our major customer's site in Cambridge (CB21), on full-time permanent basis.
You will support the Analytical Sciences Group in the Bio Pharma Development Department, with inventory management and provision of research grade materials manufactured on site.
What you'll be doing on daily basis?
* Prepare and pack R&D samples (biological, chemical, dangerous goods) for shipment globally, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and transport regulations (air/road/sea)
* Dispatch goods ensuring all relevant documentation is correct and meets GLP, GxP and Health and Safety standards
* Ensure that materials with special handling, storage or distribution requirements (such as hazardous shipments and temperature sensitive material) are properly monitored and stored
* Ensure that incoming materials are of suitable quality and quantity, received to inventory correctly and available for use on the date required
* Liaise with Government bodies/customers/regulated agents/suppliers/ planning office to resolve complex queries about the delivery and collection of research samples
* Booking of shipments with a range of couriers and liaising with end-users
What you need to be successful at Avantor?
* Previous working experience in a Scientific Stores and/or a life science laboratory environment
* Practical experience with aseptic technique/aliquotting of samples
* Experience working to IATA/ADR/IMDG preferable
* Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems
* Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Standards