Are you looking to build and scale a new and growing business with Amazon? Are you interested in managing one of Amazon’s new business through its startup phase? If so, you might be interested in this role with Amazon Freight.
Amazon Freight – Amazon's newly launched external facing Freight service – is hiring a Senior Product Manager to define the product and strategy for the newly launched business in Europe… Join us in building the next big thing for Amazon.
The Amazon Freight business provides transportation services for external shippers that use the logistics network we built for Amazon to deliver freight safely, on time and at competitive costs. We offer shippers access to the same network of carriers, technology infrastructure and tools that Amazon uses to move thousands of loads daily. Businesses of all sizes have access to the costs and levels of service of one of the largest shippers in the world. Amazon Freight spins Amazon’s broader flywheel by utilising empty miles by bringing in freight that flows complementary to our existing network.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to shape the product strategy for Less than Truckload (LTL) business in EU. In this role, you will be focused on defining the product vision, strategy and requirements for our LTL systems. You will own strategy and processes to grow and manage LTL business. You will author documents up to VP level audience to influence your space and act as a thought leader. You will create performance and cost metrics for your product and will partner with our shippers, sales and operations team to identify new opportunities.
* You are a problem solver. You excel in breaking down complex problems in solvable pieces.
* You are comfortable working in a startup environment. And you are capable of dealing with ambiguity and leading the team through it.
* You have experience working with cross functional teams.
* You are a confident communicator and you can effectively drive consensus within the team.
About the role:
* Define product strategy for LTL business and new country expansions
* Develop most efficient scalable working model for existing business network
* Identify and quantify new business opportunities.
* Own the product operating metrics.
* Be the voice of the Customer (Shipper) and identify and resolve customer pain points.
* Engage with stakeholders and leadership at all levels to advocate for the product strategy.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Business discipline from an accredited university
* 5+ years in Product Management and/or relevant experience
* Strong numerical and analytical abilities with experience using qualitative and quantitative skills to develop product/ program strategies
* Entrepreneurial, self-sufficient and able to operate in a fluid, ambiguous environment
* Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
* Strong people skills, ability to communicate and influence across all levels of management
* MBA / Master’s degree with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
* Prior experience working in Product Management, Consulting, Supply chain, Logistics or related industries
* Proven ability to deliver products or features from concept to launch
* Experience building business cases for products and features, and analyzing performance
* Data Analytics and SQL skills