Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer – Staff – Wales
Location: West Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Renewable Energy sectors.
Our client will consdier applications for people looking for either a permanent staff role or a contract position (outside IR35).
Role & Responsibilities
* Participate in relevant meetings, such as HAZID, Design Reviews, Model Reviews
* Execute all Piping/Mechanical Engineering activities and maintain technical integrity.
* You will be responsible for the supervision and guidance of the day to day activities for delivery of Mechanical Engineering scope.
* Involved in a number of engineering projects at different stages including concept, pre-FEED, FEED and EPC / PMC.
* You will ensure the competence of Mechanical team personnel, and the quality of Mechanical engineering deliverables.
* In addition, you will be tasked to ensure that the Mechanical team is resourced with the necessary skills, knowledge and numbers in delivering the Mechanical scope.
* Undertake design and checking of deliverables according to discipline and area of expertise.
* Liaising with Clients and managing their needs and expectations.
* Undertake short and long-term business travel in support of studies, projects and site services.
* Assist other disciplines to achieve their goals and plan work in alignment with project schedule.
* Participate in cost and schedule estimates; monitor and report progress using ascribed system.
* Develop technical documents and scope of work packages for projects.
* Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and applicable standards; ensure documents are originated, checked and approved by suitably competent personnel.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Chartered status preferred but not essential.
* Must have proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Renewable Energy sectors or similar.
* Experience of reviewing and approving Piping/Mechanical deliverables such isometrics, GA’s, stress analysis.
* Experience of working with industry software such as AutoCAD, Plant3D, CAESAR Stress Analysis