This is an excellent opportunity to join a client business during a period of continued growth in the Renewable Energy and Hydrocarbon sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
* Piping and process equipment design and layout, primarily for the oil and gas sector, but experience in other sectors useful.
* Working within a multidisciplinary team with engineers and designers, in the production of design deliverables for projects within the oil & gas and energy sectors.
* Develop piping and layout design in PDMS and Perform design reviews.
* Consideration of access requirements for maintenance and operability.
* Checking the quality of subcontractor design work to ensure compliance with agreed client design specifications.
* Production of piping models in Plant 3D.
* Understanding of process requirements, ability to interpret process P&ID’s
* Understanding of piping specifications and ability to translate into piping isometrics
* Design of piping supports.
* Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics against 3D plant models.
* Will be required to provide input into HAZOP / HAZIDs.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Client preference is for the candidate to be degree qualified though they will consider a HNC / HND with relevant industry experience.
* Chartered status highly advantageous though not essential.
* Experience in Oil & Gas projects during either conceptual engineering, FEED or detailed design.
* Proficient with PDMS.
* Experience in other major energy such as Energy from Waste or similar will also be highly advantageous.
* Previous site experience in conjunction with a design background beneficial.
In return the successful candidate can expect a market leading salary and benefits package coupled with excellent career progression opportunities as the company continues to grow