Our client is a large Chemical Manufacturing company. They are looking for a Senior Piping Designer to work on an initial 12-month temporary contract basis, based in Greater Manchester.
The successful candidate will be working days, Monday – Friday. This position is classed as outside IR35 – Rate negotiable.
Our client is seeking a suitably experienced AutoCAD designer that can work with a fair degree of autonomy and be proactive in dealing with priorities and workloads. The Senior Piping Designer will be required to support maintenance and project work and should have experience in the following:
* Currently using AutoCAD based package but moving to PDMS based 3D software. So, must be able to produce General Arrangement drawings, Isometric drawings, Layouts, Equipment details in 2D software as a minimum.
* Needs good understanding of Chemical Plant requirements (Large and Small bore piping systems in materials such as Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, GRP, etc.; Pipe support standards; Plant layout schemes).
* Knowledge of ASME piping codes, (ASME B31.3, etc.).
* Has understanding of current pertinent standards related to the sector, i.e. PED, ATEX , etc. – NOTE: not expecting an Engineer’s level of knowledge, but must recognise pertinent constraints related to these.
* Knowledge of good engineering design practices related to pump, vessel, heat exchanger layouts.
* Knowledge of good engineering design practices related to ancillary packages, e.g. boiler, cooling tower, etc.
* Comfortable with carrying out site survey works on a Chemical Plant; understands and displays the correct Safety attitude.
* Good organisational skills to maintain and update accurate engineering documents (drawings, sketches, etc.).
* Experience of working with Management of Change (MOC) processes.
* Understanding of CDM (2015) regulations and how they relate to Designer responsibilities (e.g. design risk assessments, etc.).
* Familiarity with structural steel detailing an advantage.
* Good and confident communicator – must be able to communicate with all levels in the organisation. We are a small team, so must be confident in understanding the needs of Technicians as well as Senior Engineers, and communicating appropriately