Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Offshore / Marine / Wind – UK
Role: Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer – either Offshore Wind / O&G
Opportunity for Geotechnical with any of Offshore / Marine/ OWF/ O&G.
And to play leading role in design of major offshore wind farms – Foundations design.
Must have commercial Geotechnical experience in Offshore Engineering – ideally Foundations for either Offshore Wind or O&G.
* Degree in Geotechnical/ Civil or Structural Engineering/ Geology / Engineering Geology.
* Experience in the Offshore/ Marine engineering – Offshore wind &/ Oil & Gas
* Experience of geotechnical calculations
* 5 years experience, have an education in a relevant engineering field and have predominantly worked within offshore geotechnical engineering and have good knowledge of the discipline.
* Geotechnics, structures, and dynamics of offshore foundations (Wind /O&G)
* Foundation Design Software eg GRLWEAP, OPile, PLAXIS, LPile
* Chartered Engineer – or keen to become Chartered
* Ability to Team Lead/ Mentor engineers.
* The use of advanced calculation models and FE-modelling
Working in close relationship with clients, contractors and developers – projects are varied and include the detailed design of offshore wind farms in UK and Europe.
Lead, Participate & potentially Manage projects from conceptual studies through to detailed design, and follow-up monitoring and assessment.
Projects are carried out in close collaboration with other departments and through consultation with other specialists. This continuously provides inspiration for innovation within the geotechnical field.
Good communication and organisational skills and are able to deal with the daily demands of working within a multidisciplinary design team.
Good leadership skills and are willing to participate actively in the on-going development of both technical resources and professional development
For more info please Caal us, Email or Visit our website
Bonus + Benefits