SEAFREIGHT & CUSTOMS ADMINISTRATOR
Our client is a leading Shipping Logistics company offering an end to end service, based in Felixstowe, Suffolk.
We are looking for a candidate who has previous knowledge of the shipping/logistics/freight environment, who is looking to broaden their knowledge within the Customs environment. Working alongside an established team who will mentor the right candidate to enhance their skills and expertise.
Our ideal candidate must have an excellent Administration background with good IT skills and know their way around Microsoft Outlook and Excel. Accurate data entry is essential as compliance with HMRC is a day to day process.
Once full training has been achieved, duties will include:
* Arranging transport and managing all aspects of import & export procedures
* Customs Clearance preparation and transmission
* Provide clearance notifications to customers where necessary
* Liaison with all Customs departments
* Receive documents and shipment notifications
* Provide correspondence to Customers via appropriate method
* Collection of Duty/VAT funds for non-account customers
Due to the location of our clients office (no public transport) own transport will be required.
This is a permanent, office based position offering an immediate start. Salary in the region of £23,000 on offer.
If you have the experience and background to fulfil the above position, please forward your CV