A well-established logistics company, with over 300 offices worldwide, offering end-to-end multimodal coordination of freight with a customer-centric approach, are looking to recruit a Sea Freight Operative, to be based in offices in Basildon.
This business are clear with their core values, and focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and collaboration throughout their offices, creating an energetic and tenacious environment for their staff.
* A competitive salary in line with skills and experience
* The chance to join a team of like-minded individuals
* The opportunity to be part a very well-established logistics company with a unique service.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To manage the Sea Freight Import/Export Operations from start to finish, using an in-house system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage Sea Freight Import/Export process start to finish via in house system and Topaz.
* Receive bookings from clients and issue confirmation e-mail
* Place booking with carrier. Advise VGM details at same time.
* Create customs entries when required
* Advise details for AMS to client
* Keep clients advised of any delays in pick up/sailing
* Issue Bill of Lading Instructions to carriers prior to documentation cut. On receipt of draft B/L send to client for approval
* Obtain ROE from carrier and invoice the client
* Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented in writing, keeping Export Manager in copy of all correspondence
* Access invoice queries daily via in house system, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
* Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
* Answer telephone in a timely manner
To Be Considered:
* Proven Sea Freight Operations (Import or Export) experience, within a Freight Forwarder or Shipping environment.
* The ability to work well within a team, and on your own initiative
* The ability to work well under time pressure.
For more details, please contact Willis Global – a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Supply Chain & Logistics industry