Our client is a well-established Freight Forwarding and Logistics specialist with offices in strategically-placed locations throughout England and Scotland. Delivering around 200,000 consignments per year for 9,000 clients with a turnover of €50m. We are now looking for a Sea Freight Imports Coordinator
Working within a busy Air & Ocean department – to work within a team to receive bookings from agents an customers, to complete all ocean import requirements including customs clearance, duty/vat and all other processes involved.
* Receiving bookings from customers / agents.
* Raising files within Rhenus software system.
* Preparation of clearance instructions.
* Speaking to shipping lines / carriers.
* Checking vessel arrival dates.
* Maintaining customer spreadsheets where required.
* Ensuring correct documentation is presented / obtained.
* Raising invoices to customers / agents.
* Raising duty / vat invoices.
* File queries
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of Seafreight and will have good customer relations and negotiating skills, along with good customer service skills
* Experience in Ocean Import processes is essential
* Experience of Customs procedures, including Duty/Vat process is required,
* Knowledge of the freight forwarding industry
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Salary £26,000 to £32,000
Hours: 0900-17:30 with an hour lunch break, Monday to Friday.
2 x salary life insurance cover
5% employer contributory pension scheme
Opportunities for career progression